Semi-Live Games from the Zonal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-Live Games from the Zonal

We are uploading a pgn with a few games every 15 minutes. Follow the link.

http://www.canadianchesszonal.com/livegames.html

Re: Semi-Live Games from the Zonal

Great.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
      We are uploading a pgn with a few games every 15 minutes. Follow the link.

An OK way to follow the top boards, if no "live" broadcast.......thanks to those making the effort!

Bob A

Comment

Many thanks for producing the pgn files so that we can follow the games. But the many errors do rankle. The top board from yesterday, Sambuev - Noritsyn, seems OK until move 23. The moves given then are 23.Rf1 a4 24.Bxf6 Qxf6 25.Nd5 Bxd5 . Why not 25.Rxf6 or perhaps 25... Qxf1+ ? Can anyone supply the correct moves?

Comment

You are correct Gordo. The scoresheets were very difficult to decode on those two boards and I found that I had made an error. It didn't get corrected until late in the game. DGT boards are preferred! We will try again today. Here is the link.

Comment

You are correct Gordo. The scoresheets were very difficult to decode on those two boards and I found that I had made an error. It didn't get corrected until late in the game. DGT boards are preferred! We will try again today. Here is the link.

At about 1:59pm I don't seem to get this to work (it did work for me yesterday...) - for example, I don't see a list of games to select from (the drop down list)? Anyone having better luck?

It seems that the file live.pgn has only skeleton info - no moves... that might explain something?
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Should be working now. You are correct, it was just a skeleton pgn at that point. The moves were just uploaded a few seconds ago.

Comment

A correction may have to be made to the Oussedik vs. Wang game. I am trying to find out if move 29 for black was 29...Nf8 or 29...Kf7.

Comment

Eric and Tomas have equal Blacks and drew each other.

So it looks like it will be either Median Buccholz or Sum of progressive scores that decides the 2015 Canadian Champ. :(

Comment

No. See my other post in the poll thread.

Comment

A correction may have to be made to the Oussedik vs. Wang game. I am trying to find out if move 29 for black was 29...Nf8 or 29...Kf7.
                      I would assume that Kf7 was played, Nf8 makes no sense when you can simply move your king. If Qd4 Rxg3+ ovbiously wins and if Qh7+ Kf6 h4 Qg6 QxQ KxQ and the king holds the pawns. I could be wrong of course, but it seems logical to me. I assume Eric won shortly after Rxe2!! It was a very nice move.

Comment

Correct on both points Caleb!

Comment

Working...
                        X