In the upcoming federal election how would you be likely to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Now, if only some others felt the same way...

Our 800+ members are a very exclusive set. Any projections to the population are problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
      Looks like we can conclude that ChessTalkers voting in this poll do not very closely mirror the national sentiment.
      Remember that the chesstalk poll of this thread closed at the end of August when the more serious national polls were quite different than the the result of the election would now indicate... not that the chesstalk poll really reflected the more serious polls then either.
      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

The Ottawa Citizen newspaper has reported that after being elected just yesterday, Justin Trudeau has promised to eliminate the traditional First Past The Post federal electoral system before the next federal election.

Comment

• Re: In the upcoming federal election how would you be likely to vote?

A comparison of the poll results with the actuals is a revealing proof yet again how far out of touch chessplayers seem to be.

Comment

And yet ...hope springs eternal.

Comment

Welcome back to the fold Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Halldor P. Palsson View Post
                Our 800+ members are a very exclusive set. Any projections to the population are problematic.
                By coincidence chesstalk's current number of members, who in theory could all have answered my poll (i.e. 779), is also about the same as the total number of adult CFC members as given for 2015 (807, which may be what you were thinking of instead, in the wee hours of the morning):

http://chess.ca/membership-stats
                Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Tuesday, 20th October, 2015, 06:43 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
                  A comparison of the poll results with the actuals is a revealing proof yet again how far out of touch chessplayers seem to be.
                  To be fair a lot of folks voted on this poll well before voting day (I think, maybe I am wrong). Lots changed between then and yesterday.

Comment

If we went by the results from Vancouver Island, Canada would have an NDP government with a Green Opposition, and zero Liberals or Conservatives.

The Colonies of Vancouver Island and British Columbia merged in the late 19th century and joined Canada. No harm in looking to see what conditions need to be met for the Colony to ... separate. I think there is a railroad angle. Something about maintaining a rail-line up-island in perpetuity. Why should redneck oil-sodden Albertans and Nationalist Quebecers have all the fun?
                    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Thanks Kevin. But as usual, I'm not here to do something safe.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Thursday, 22nd October, 2015, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X