Chess Mining Corporation, An Old Stock Certificate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Mining Corporation, An Old Stock Certificate...

Some may even ask, "What is a stock Certificate?" :)

Before I throw this out, does anyone want it to use in a den or something? It is registered in my name. I think I bought it when I worked in Montreal for an investment dealer around 1965.

It has no value, guaranteed!

Folded, crisp condition.

1st reply here from someone WHO CAN PICK IT UP IN DOWNTOWN TORONTO, can have it.

Re: Chess Mining Corporation, An Old Stock Certificate...

Yes, I'd like to have it. Please phone me at 647 964 4556, Sasha Starr. Thank you.

Comment

Incorporated in Quebec in 1955; dissolved August 20, 1966. It's worthless.

I have some old records recorded on the "Chess" label, which was big in the 1950's and 1960's. Here's the track list of a recent CD box set of "Chess" recordings: http://www.chessrecords.co.uk/trackl...917&height=600

Comment

Interesting! I must admit being a big fan of a musical "Chess"!)

Comment

Reviving an old thread with more info:

Max Guze was a strong player of at least Expert strength in Montreal during the 50s and 60s. In 1955 he set up a company called "Chess Mining Corp." which was involved in exploring for uranium deposits south-east of Montreal. It looks like he was unsuccessful, as the stock was delisted in 1962, and the company dissolved in 1966. Some of the geological surveys from the 1950s are available online.

Comment

Working...
          X