Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canada welcomes GM Evgeny Bareev

"Help me through this whole mess"

Yes please! Your post was completely incomprehensible to me. Was this the wine speaking?:o
    Fred Harvey

Comment

Sorry Fred, I can't imagine what is or isn't comprehensible to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
        If it is so heated and controversial maybe you should let it go and refrain from interfering ? If it hadn't come from such a little man acting as if he owned this message board, I might have taken it for a try at intimidating.
        But that would really be funny. Wouldn't it ?
        There's no interfering to be done at this point - the selection committee has made it clear they are a Star Chamber that answers to no one and will brook no tolerance for questioning their decisions. Participation in this thread by anyone (self included) is just a form of mild entertainment that accomplishes nothing.

As for the idea that I'm trying to intimidate you? I'll just assume 100% of your logic circuits are focused on chess and you have none left for real life.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post

As for the idea that I'm trying to intimidate you? I'll just assume 100% of your logic circuits are focused on chess and you have none left for real life.
          Trying to ridicule someone is undoubtedly a form of intimidation in real life. Do not try to play this game with me «real life» Ottosen.

Comment

Yes, welcome to GM Evgeny Bareev. Nobody has mentioned it in this thread, so I would like to thank GM Bareev for the essays that appeared in GM Dvoretsky's books. The essays were not only entertaining, but the lessons in them made me a better player--albeit their effect dwarfed by the ravages of time. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
              Trying to ridicule someone is undoubtedly a form of intimidation in real life. Do not try to play this game with me «real life» Ottosen.
              I'm not trying to intimidate you. I disagree that the FQE's hand had no role in why Lesiege was chosen over other more qualified candidates, to the point that I consider it laughable to suggest otherwise.

Comment

Working...
              X