Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stop misrepresenting Vlad!

"when you were promoting"... Thank you, Kerry, you've reminded me about promoting! Here we go: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chess-...130000005.html

Comment

As you can see, we are financing World Class Tournaments, not CFC-Arena whatever! And we've just had on our site US Men's and Women's Championships and Garry Kasparov's Blitz Tournament!
      Last edited by Sasha Starr; Wednesday, 4th May, 2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
        Interesting take on matters. How does a US trade sanction affect Canadian trade if Canada has not issued the same sanction? For instance US trade sanctions against Cuba did not prevent Canada and Cuba to establish trade.
        I and most of the executive would prefer to be able to cross the border without incurring the wrath of the U.S. treasury department.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
          So CFC voted for KI and got only 1/4 of the promised money with little or no chances to get the other 3/4. Nice deal.
          I remember that somebody was warning you about this but I can't find that post.
          Its pretty clear that the other side in the election had some influence on that Treasury department decision so it is not surprising that they were able to give a warning. It is also clear that the rest of the world is not following the US lead. For now we wait for developments.

Comment

"Its pretty clear that the other side in the election had some influence on that Treasury department decision"... What exactly makes it "pretty clear"???

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
              I and most of the executive would prefer to be able to cross the border without incurring the wrath of the U.S. treasury department.
              I don't follow. Are you implying that the CFC has suspended all business dealings with FIDE pending some future unknown? Or is it the case that the CFC continues to make remittances to FIDE (rating fees, etc.) but doesn't want to accept monies from FIDE? You were adamant that the $80k was not a bribe, weren't you? So what is wrong with taking the remaining $60k, subject to whatever the conditions were? One would think that it would be easy to demonstrate that the $80k was not a bribe by pointing out the spot in the FIDE Assembly minutes where the $80k norm tournament incentive was approved for every member nation (or was it only the member nations who agreed to support KI who received the 'incentive'?). Regarding the $20k that the CFC has received, was it paid to the CFC by FIDE or by some other entity? Has the CFC obtained any credible professional advice on its relationship with FIDE vis-a-vis FIDE's/KI's problems in the U.S.?
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

To quote my buddy Moby:

He was searching
                Blindly night and day
                This life, there must be more

Breaking beauty,
                Just to stay awake
                His heart was like a stone

Ooh, ooh his heart was like a stone

And on the last day
                He walked out in the sun
                He only just discovered the sun
                On the last day

And for other people like Drkulec, ...looky looky yonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                  "Its pretty clear that the other side in the election had some influence on that Treasury department decision"... What exactly makes it "pretty clear"???
                  The email I shared with the voting members for one thing. If you are having issues with your memory you can always go back and look at the discussion around the last FIDE election on the governors/voting members forum. Remember the confidential discussions which you shared with others?

Comment

"The email I shared with the voting members"... Is it a privileged and confidential information? Are you expecting me to go 2 years back and read all your emails to the voting members? Hope not! Concentrate on the real issues: answer Peter McKillop's post. PLEASE!!!
                    Last edited by Sasha Starr; Thursday, 5th May, 2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                      Did you look at the original post from Mar 22,2016 via the link I provided?

Seems clear and concise.
                      It is nothing to do with me; I simply recall reading that and then wondering whatever happened?

Hi everyone,

I honestly don't care about the $250 anymore. It's sad I never got what agreed on - but Sasha is right, there is no documentation to prove it, which I actually found a little off. Chess Supersite should have had actual paper work when they asked me to work for them. It was foolish of me for being too shy to ask for one.

Long story short: we had an agreement that I would be handling all the social media for Chess Supersite for $250 a week. I had to keep up with fb, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn. I asked many chess players to take out 1h of their time to play against random people on Chess Supersite for free (as a favour to me). I also put my own time in creating ads on photoshop and occasionally also playing against the random people as well.

I got Chess Supersite to almost 3,000 followers in less than 3 months.

Sasha paid me for September and October but let me know the second week of November that he doesn't believe that "social media" would help the site and cut my pay from $250 a week to $20-40 a week. I was discouraged and resigned from working there but kindly asked for the $250 he owes me for November. What I'm not too sure about is why he completely ignored my messages... until I was put into the position months later to threaten to delete the FB page.

Anyways,
                      Very sad that there are people like this in the world, but what can I do? People just be aware of whatever you're getting into...I think I wasn't treated well and hope noone falls for the something like this again.

PS. I think what Sasha is doing is great! It would be nice to see a chess website made my Canadians to eventually get popular! Really cool he has ties with Garry Kasparov :) ...but personally I'm not going to associate with him or Chess Supersite again which is why I gave up in getting the money.

Hope all of you have a great day!
                      Last edited by Yelizaveta Orlova; Thursday, 5th May, 2016, 04:44 PM.
                      Sincerely,
                      WCM/WNM Yelizaveta Orlova

Comment

"The email I shared with the voting members"... Is it a privileged and confidential information? Are you expecting me to go 2 years back and read all your emails to the voting members? Hope not! Concentrate on the real issues: answer Peter McKillop's post. PLEASE!!!
                        Sure lets distract everyone from the fact that you stiffed Liza.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                          Sure lets distract everyone from the fact that you stiffed Liza.
                          I'm just hoping that Canadian chessplayers won't have to start referring to you as 'Sepp Vlad-der'.
                          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I'm damned to write this message, and I'm damned by not doing it...

I'm surprised that nobody's here ever asked a question: how is it possible that a public company, sitting on the piles of cash, would not pay someone, who's done a pretty good job, the measly $250? So probably there must be something more to it then Liza's cared to say in her post. OK, lets get the full story out and not to "distract everyone from the fact that I stiffed Liza", according to our esteemed President!

When Liza came over to our office she was penniless, her cell phone was unpaid and therefore disconnected. Same day I've driven her to the closest shopping centre and paid about $200 cash so her phone would be on so she could function. She was traveling by TTC with her large bag full of the chess equipment, demo board, laptop, etc., and I'd always given her a ride to the nearest subway station. Plus I've supported her venture Chess in Pub by attending it several times, showing my goodwill. However she was coming to the office 2-3 times a week always late, often she would cancel her appointment in the last minute, and a few times didn't even show up at all, without any notification. Finally it came to my attention that she was bragging to a business associate that she is being paid thousands of dollars for 5 minutes work. That negatively affected my relationship with that person. I've hoped I could avoid telling it all in the open, however Liza would not give me any chance after publishing here her posts. In any case Liza is a young girl, trying to find her way in live, and has the right for making the mistakes. There were a few. In any case I wish her good luck. If her attitude would have changed she could continue her job. AND get PAID!
                            Last edited by Sasha Starr; Friday, 6th May, 2016, 01:53 AM.

Comment

I'm damned to write this message, and I'm damned by not doing it...

I'm surprised that nobody's here ever asked a question: how is it possible that a public company, sitting on the piles of cash, would not pay someone, who's done a pretty good job, the measly $250? So probably there must be something more to it then Liza's cared to say in her post. OK, lets get the full story out and not to "distract everyone from the fact that I stiffed Liza", according to our esteemed President!

When Liza came over to our office she was penniless, her cell phone was unpaid and therefore disconnected. Same day I've driven her to the closest shopping centre and paid about $200 cash so her phone would be on so she could function. She was traveling by TTC with her large bag full of the chess equipment, demo board, laptop, etc., and I'd always given her a ride to the nearest subway station. Plus I've supported her venture Chess in Pub by attending it several times, showing my goodwill. However she was coming to the office 2-3 times a week always late, often she would cancel her appointment in the last minute, and a few times didn't even show up at all, without any notification. Finally it came to my attention that she was bragging to a business associate that she is being paid thousands of dollars for 5 minutes work. That negatively affected my relationship with that person. I've hoped I could avoid telling it all in the open, however Liza would not give me any chance after publishing here her posts. In any case Liza is a young girl, trying to find her way in live, and has the right for making the mistakes. There were a few. In any case I wish her good luck. If her attitude would have changed she could continue her job. AND get PAID!
                              Well, I'm no lawyer, but......
                              With this post, I believe Sasha has now acknowledged that he does owe Liza $250.
                              He has not denied the timeline in her post. She was paid for September and October, then let go in the second week of November. She has not been paid for the first week of November, $250.
                              Sasha, whatever your reasons for firing someone, you have to pay them up to the point where you let them go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                                Well, I'm no lawyer, but......
                                With this post, I believe Sasha has now acknowledged that he does owe Liza $250.
                                He has not denied the timeline in her post. She was paid for September and October, then let go in the second week of November. She has not been paid for the first week of November, $250.
                                Sasha, whatever your reasons for firing someone, you have to pay them up to the point where you let them go.
                                Sasha,

I find that very disrespectful to tell the whole chess community that I was struggling with money at the time. Chess n Math schools end mid June and only resume end of September/beginning of November which is a big chunk of my pay.

The reason why I asked you to drop me off at the subway station is because our appointments were between my two schools I teach! So I'd come in after my lunch lesson, and have to get to my next school 2-3 hours later. I warned you ahead of time about my schedule. Sasha claims I was running late a few times, well how can I not? Occasionally you will run into problems while teaching chess and have to stay longer to clean up/talk to a teacher etc. Yet again, I warned you about that. Your office had no nearest food store near by which was extremely inconvenient.

You've cancelled appointments last minute as well... I'm even going through our messages now and I cancelled last minute because I felt sick. You have more messages telling me not to come into the office because of your own personal things.

I do not want to waste my time any further. This is my last message I will write regarding this.

I was warned about you from other chess players before I started working but I'm the type of person who didn't want to believe rumours unless there's proof before my eyes.

Have a good life and good luck with your website!
                                Last edited by Yelizaveta Orlova; Friday, 6th May, 2016, 10:04 AM.
                                Sincerely,
                                WCM/WNM Yelizaveta Orlova

Comment

Working...
                                X