Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: He ain't no scholar of Islam

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
    lol. Be honest Peter. You have no idea of the difference between a Sunni and a Shi'a, nor that the IS terrorists and the Saudis share the same Wahhabist ideology. And yet you just claimed my mockery of a Saudi cleric who thinks chess should be banned is hate speech. Or maybe you're shamed that Canada sells billions in arms to the Saudis? No matter. All you're doing with this is advertising your own ignorance in a very loud voice.

If you really are concerned about protecting fundamentalist Saudi clerics from hate speech, maybe you should start by taking the advice of this one and abandoning chess [and chess discussion boards, of course] altogether. lol.
    Nigel, your comments are a pathetic attempt to deflect attention from what I really said to you. And what do you know about what I do or don't know about Islam? What a pompous ass you are! :)

I'm sure you know damn well what I was saying to you, but, just on the slight chance that you're really as dense as you're portraying yourself, here's a re-wording for you:
    1. When you're at your worst, you're a ChessTalk lowlife; just like me when I'm at my worst and just like Sid and a number of others who post here regularly.
    2. So for you to copy Sid's remarks with the implication that you're somehow doing something honourable by making a more permanent record of his supposed abuse is BS. All you're really doing is confirming that you're a hypocrite.

Who do you think you are? Nigella, the dainty little princess of high etiquette and ethics? As you would say, "lol."
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Re: Stop misrepresenting Vlad!

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
      The CFC was granted $80 in funding to run tournaments, with $10k each to go into separate tournaments, 2 per year. The tournaments cannot be the Cdn Open, CYCC or any Canadian Championships. Anyone in Canada can bid.

What tournaments received this grant in 2015?
      What about 2016? Is CFC getting another $20K from FIDE to run 2 more norm tournaments this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
        What about 2016? Is CFC getting another $20K from FIDE to run 2 more norm tournaments this year?
        Probably not. If we were, it might not be prudent to accept it at this time given the uncertainty about the implications of the U.S. sanctions.

Comment

Interesting take on matters. How does a US trade sanction affect Canadian trade if Canada has not issued the same sanction? For instance US trade sanctions against Cuba did not prevent Canada and Cuba to establish trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            Probably not. If we were, it might not be prudent to accept it at this time given the uncertainty about the implications of the U.S. sanctions.
            So CFC voted for KI and got only 1/4 of the promised money with little or no chances to get the other 3/4. Nice deal.
            I remember that somebody was warning you about this but I can't find that post.

Comment

Is this based on legal advice or is it supposition on your part? The CFC accepted KI's bribe in good faith (is it just me or did that sound odd?), before there was any hint of sanctions. Now the CFC should follow Steve Miller's advice:
              "They got the money, hey
              You know they got away
              They headed down south and they're still running today
              Singin' go on take the money and run"

p.s. And to further confuse matters, don't forget recent legal efforts (Regina's Incompetent Crown Attorneys v Duffy) which indicate that our well-paid crown attorneys believe that one can receive a bribe when no one has paid a bribe. Magical, eh?
              Last edited by Peter McKillop; Wednesday, 4th May, 2016, 04:38 PM.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

sanctions are a can of worms and maybe only a genius can see the way forward...

I don't envy your difficulties. While parliamentarians in France, and possibly some other European countries, have publicly called for the end of anti-Russian sanctions, the whole situation is very complicated. I heard in the news recently that one of the forms of US arm-twisting is to suggest that Europeans won't be able to sell cars in the US if they don't go along with US versions of so-called trade law (TPP and TTIP) and agricultural rules (allowing GMOs, etc.). When the Americans want something, it's not just F-15's that do the trick.

The uncertainty around the US election is another such factor. Clinton is likely to continue Obama's policies - or even more hawkish - while Trump is so unpredictable that many view him as dangerous. [He's been compared to a deal-maker who adopts an extreme position prior to settling somewhere in the middle. But that's his real estate experience. I don't think that translates to foreign policy very well.]

Perhaps after the US election results and the World Ch in November, things will be clearer.
                Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Wednesday, 4th May, 2016, 05:25 PM.
                Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: FIDE funding; was Stop misrepresenting Vlad!

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                  Is this based on legal advice or is it supposition on your part? The CFC accepted KI's bribe in good faith (is it just me or did that sound odd?), before there was any hint of sanctions. Now the CFC should follow Steve Miller's advice:
                  "They got the money, hey
                  You know they got away
                  They headed down south and they're still running today
                  Singin' go on take the money and run"

p.s. And to further confuse matters, don't forget recent legal efforts (Regina's Incompetent Crown Attorneys v Duffy) which indicate that our well-paid crown attorneys believe that one can receive a bribe when no one has paid a bribe. Magical, eh?
                  I believe that in the case of Regina v. Duffous the judge wished he had the third option available under Scottish law: "Not Proven", which amounts to "we think you're guilty as hell but there's not enough evidence to actually convict you".

Steve

Comment

Hi Vlad:

I agree with the other sentiments expressed here. A better explanation is in order. I can understand that the US sanctions against KI weren't anticipated and have definitely complicated matters, I don't see how that directly leads to fallout for the CFC with respect to the sponsorship. Is this just a "wait a bit until the dust settles" stance or has the funding essentially evaporated into, well ... dust?

Steve

Comment

• Re: Stop misrepresenting Vlad!

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                      So CFC voted for KI and got only 1/4 of the promised money with little or no chances to get the other 3/4. Nice deal.
                      I remember that somebody was warning you about this but I can't find that post.
                      There may have been others, but I was definitely one who posted to Vlad that CFC would never see all of this money.

I also see in another thread that Borislav Ivanov is back "in the news" .... not directly, but his influence. There's some new cheating scandal and it is rumored that there is some kind of organized body of cheaters of which Ivanov may be a part. They are clever enough to not be cheating in every single game, but only at certain points in critical moments of critical games. I bring this up because it was me who kept saying that all chess results are tainted by Ivanov and that his name would come up again. Looks like I'm 2 for 2 in predictions.
                      Only the rushing is heard...
                      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Who is exactly under sanctions you've referred to? FIDE? CFC? Our executives? If not - GET the MONEY, please! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                          Who is exactly under sanctions you've referred to? FIDE? CFC? Our executives? If not - GET the MONEY, please! LOL!
                          Speaking of 'get the money', I noticed some time ago when you were promoting your latest adventure, Lisa Orlova posted this
                          (and received no reply that was noted):

http://forum.chesstalk.com/showthrea...211#post102211

looking for $250 that was allegedly owing... maybe if the CFC gets the money from Kirsan, they can give Lisa $250?
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

"was allegedly owing"? and was it $250 or $250,000? And who owes to whom? Any supporting documentation? Kerry, now, please provide more info, and I'll deal with it accordingly! Looking forward to your reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                              "was allegedly owing"? and was it $250 or $250,000? And who owes to whom? Any supporting documentation? Kerry, now, please provide more info, and I'll deal with it accordingly! Looking forward to your reply!
                              Did you look at the original post from Mar 22,2016 via the link I provided?
                              Re: Chess Supersite Launches This Weekend
                              It's funny how Chess Supersite can have all of this money for the players that go on the site but can't pay my $250 that they owe me since early November.
                              Sincerely,
                              WCM/WNM Yelizaveta Orlova
                              Seems clear and concise.
                              It is nothing to do with me; I simply recall reading that and then wondering whatever happened?
                              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

It seems to you clear and concise. But it is not. However thank you for bringing it up. She was trying to do some part time work, however it didn't work out.

Comment

Working...
                                X