Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vlad Drucklec Censor's My Response's to him On The CFC Discussion Boards My Resp

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
    If you ever want to meet face to face to discuss things in a rational and intelligent manner I am always available.
    Looks like this thread finally is reaching its Happy End, which was not predictable couple of days ago. I am just wondering, how much time was wasted by Sid and Vlad until they came to this point.

Especially, taking into account that CFC's vote for Kirsan was not a decisive one. Lot of other national chess federations voted for him as well.

Regarding FIDE's future, in my opinion, a lot will depend on would EU and other countries duplicate sanctions against Kirsan or not. Usually they do it in about 30 days. More than 60 days have passed already since US sanctions commenced, and no one supported them yet. If this will be the case, then we may all be surprised at the end of the day (I am not a Kirsan's fan, not talking about Vladimir Putin; I am just trying to analyze possible scenarios). US Treasury Department alone has no authority to remove or elect FIDE president(s). However, if EU and other countries will proceed with their sanctions, then Sid will be right. Time will tell.

Anyway, I think, it would be more useful for CFC and supporters to focus on its own problems, rather to speculate on the future of FIDE.

Comment

The facts on the ground will affect the sanctions

Originally posted by Victor Itkine View Post
      Regarding FIDE's future, in my opinion, a lot will depend on would EU and other countries duplicate sanctions against Kirsan or not. Usually they do it in about 30 days. More than 60 days have passed already since US sanctions commenced, and no one supported them yet. If this will be the case, then we may all be surprised at the end of the day (I am not a Kirsan's fan, not talking about Vladimir Putin; I am just trying to analyze possible scenarios). US Treasury Department alone has no authority to remove or elect FIDE president(s). However, if EU and other countries will proceed with their sanctions, then Sid will be right. Time will tell.
      The Treasury Department actions are all centered around neo-conservative wet dreams of regime change in Syria. Anything to help the cause. But those wet dreams are turning into nightmares, thanks to the brilliant efforts of the Syrian Arab Army, Hezbollah, and other regional allies, and the timely intervention of the Russian Air Force. Once Syria is able to stabilize things, perhaps making things safe for refugees to return, then the whole reason for all the noxious sanctions against FIDE's President will go out the window.

I mean, look at the facts. The US insistence that "Assad must go" is gone. Then their "Peace Conference" - designed to freeze the success after success of the SAA against the Daesh terrorists - also went out the window. I realize that Turkey and Riyadh are making "invasion" noises but I would interpret that more as sour grapes for the humiliating defeat of their proxies.

If I were to make a prediction, then I would say that if Syria is able to continue to administer a well-deserved thrashing to the terrorists, close the supply routes to Turkey, etc., then the idiotic US sanctions will be quietly removed as serving no purpose. FIDE elections in 2018? Should be just about right.

The neo-con wet dreams will continue, of course, as endless war is the alpha and omega of their hideous ideology. I've always felt that Kasparov's clear enthusiasm for such monstrous views, and not only the corruption allegations, etc., was an important reason not to support his political campaign for FIDE's Presidency. But what do I know? I still subscribe to the old-fashioned notion that chess should be a means of making friends not enemies.
      Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: The facts on the ground will affect the sanctions

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
        ... thanks to the brilliant efforts of the Syrian Arab Army, Hezbollah, and other regional allies...
        Hizballah, a Shia Islamist militant group whose proclaimed goal is destruction of the State of Israel, has been rightfully classified by Canada as a terrorist organization. See Listed Terrorist Entities at Public Safety Canada.

Comment

Sanctions will be dropped. The only question is when.

Originally posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
          Hizballah, a Shia Islamist militant group whose proclaimed goal is destruction of the State of Israel, has been rightfully classified by Canada as a terrorist organization. See Listed Terrorist Entities at Public Safety Canada.
          They are also extremely well-represented in the Lebanese Parliament, run a massive welfare system, and have enormous prestige in the Middle East. They are the first Arab army ever to force Israel to cede control of territory under fire.

In any case, all of this is irrelevant. They are one of the Syrian Arab Army allies against the Daesh [and the other "good" terrorists sponsored by the Western countries, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia]. And they are defeating the terrorists - which is more than we can say after four years of efforts by the US regime and its regional allies to do the same. Hezbollah's status has soared as a result of the Syrian conflict. And, despite the apoplectic pronouncements from various quarters, Iran's relations with other countries - including even the US - has improved remarkably. [Iran is a major sponsor of Hezbollah.] All this bodes well for the defeat of the foreign sponsored Sunni jihadist terrorists.

My argument has simply been that once the US fails to achieve its goal of regime change in Syria - and they have, already, had to publicly backtrack on that goal, even if it is still their hidden aim - then all these sanctions and fabrications won't serve any useful purpose. So they will drop their sanctions as "partially successful" or "served their purpose" or whatever euphemism for failure they wish to use. The only real debate is how long all this will take.

In an election year, the war-like rhetoric from the US (especially the xenophobic Republicans) is really extreme. We shouldn't be guided in our views by such vitriol. The funny thing is, the Republicans have a bit of history of applying some realism to foreign policy (where the Dems can't be seen as "weak") once elected, and one would hope that the neo conservative cabal of zealots might be over-ruled by more sensible views.
          Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Monday, 8th February, 2016, 03:11 AM. Reason: Dems and Republicans

Comment

Stop hijacking threads by changing titles and also pollutiing them with rhetorc.

Nigel as an ex moderator (for good reason you are no longer a moderator) you should know that it is bad netiquette to constantly change the title of a thread and then proceed to pollute it with your own rhetoric. Please start your own threads if you plan to discuss a new subject with a new title rather then polluting other threads.

By the way if you do put up your own thread rather then polluting others please educate yourself on a subject before you have an urge to shoot your pseudo intellectual cryptofascist mouth off. If you have any doubt about most chesstalk readers being sick of you I suggest you put up a poll suggesting that you be banned from chesstalk.

Here is an excellent article from Der Spiegel International from on the ground in Syria about the reality of what the dynamics of the relationship between ISIS and the Assad regime really are and why they actually work in concert together as Assad's forces are to weak to go at it alone on the ground. Russia bombs the civilians and ISIS does the dirty work on the ground. You see for Assad it is preferable to coexist with ISIS instead of not at all in the scenario that the Syrain Moderates are in control. Here is why both Russia and Assad are uninterested in defeating the Islamic State:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1066211.html
            Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 8th February, 2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Jihadi Joe is getting his ass kicked. Who doesn't like it?

... please educate yourself on a subject before you have an urge to shoot your pseudo intellectual cryptofascist mouth off.
              I'm just posting this extremist rhetoric in case Sid decides that it's too embarrassing to leave up. This is the reason why Facebook no longer allows links to ChessTalk. People like you, Sid. Check it out. Try and link to ChessTalk from Facebook.

... the reality of what the dynamics of the relationship between ISIS and the Assad regime really are and why they actually work in concert together .. (blah blah)
              lol. Four years of NATO and other attempts to wipe out Daesh have failed. A few months of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) , Hezbollah, some Kurds and the Russian AF have got them scurrying for cover in Turkey and other regional states. This is why the sudden interest in a peace conference by the Americans - even before they could figure out who to invite (lol) - because their local proxies are getting whupped.

Jihadi Joe is getting his ass kicked by the SAA. Tough shit for those who are secretly cheering for the former. And if the Wahhabist mercenaries get booted all the way back to Iraq, then the Americans are going to have to stop pretending to fight them and fight them for real. This is getting like the sorcerer who, having conjured up evil spirits, can no longer control the monsters he's unleashed. Then again, some people really are sick enough to wish for WW3.
              Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Monday, 8th February, 2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Nigel The Neo Fascist

Hi Nigel,
                I thought you would be proud of wearing the title of Neo Fascist, you are an apologist for Hizbolah, ex dictators where opposition journalists are murdered under their watch, pedophiles like Putin who have people with this knowledge murdered with radoactive poisoning etc etc. You want to label me a neocon ...? If it mean's being the polar opposite to you go for it. Just stay the F@ck out of my threads. Better still why you don't you stay the F@ck away from everyone here at Chesstalk, you are not welcome here. Don't believe it? Hold a poll and ask. If the majority say you are welcome here and I am not I will stay away from here.

Comment

abuse from Sid B

title: "Re: Nigel The Neo Fascist"

Hi Nigel,
                  I thought you would be proud of wearing the title of Neo Fascist, you are an apologist for Hizbolah, ex dictators where opposition journalists are murdered under their watch, pedophiles like Putin who have people with this knowledge murdered with radoactive poisoning etc etc. You want to label me a neocon ...? If it mean's being the polar opposite to you go for it. Just stay the F@ck out of my threads. Better still why you don't you stay the F@ck away from everyone here at Chesstalk, you are not welcome here. Don't believe it? Hold a poll and ask. If the majority say you are welcome here and I am not I will stay away from here.
                  re-posting Sid's abuse for the record.
                  Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Monday, 8th February, 2016, 06:59 PM. Reason: rep power: Nigel 9 Sid 2. lol.

Comment

Abuse from someone who doesn't like hearing the truth Nigel H

No, you are the one who has been abusing everyone here for years with everything I described above and more. Especially when you were a moderator, now you don't have that power to abuse any more. Take your hateful ideaology and go elsewhere
                    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 9th February, 2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Re: Abuse from someone who doesn't like heating the truth Nigel H

No, you are the one who has abusing everyone here for years with everything I described above and more. Especially when you were a moderator, now you don't have that power to abuse any more. Take your hateful ideaology and go elsewhere
                      For the record.

Comment

For the record.
                        There are a number of people here who are guilty of excesses from time to time. I'm one of them. And you're no paragon of virtue yourself, Nigel. Here's just one recent example of your...handiwork (hate speech?):

Shave that Wahhabi beard and get a real job, asshole!

Saudi cleric shows why it's so good that Canada sells billions in arms to the Kingdom.

... because chess is the Devil's work! I knew it!
                        i.e. don't be pointing a stinky finger at Sid
                        Last edited by Peter McKillop; Monday, 8th February, 2016, 10:00 PM. Reason: because I felt like it - anybody got a problem with that?
                        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

People say things online that they wouldn't say in person because it would likely lead to unpleasant consequences and in some cases even violence. Lets turn down the rhetoric. A disagreement does not make someone the enemy. Throwing labels that you can't support throws you and the proprietor of this board in an awkward position if anyone decided to take legal action. That's all I will say for now as the library is about to close.

Comment

Re: abuse from Sid B

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan
                            Reason: rep power: Nigel 9 Sid 2. lol.
                            Well then you got the whole thing beat! Hold the poll, here is your big chance to be rid of me from chess talk and vindicate yourself!

Comment

He ain't no scholar of Islam

lol. Be honest Peter. You have no idea of the difference between a Sunni and a Shi'a, nor that the IS terrorists and the Saudis share the same Wahhabist ideology. And yet you just claimed my mockery of a Saudi cleric who thinks chess should be banned is hate speech. Or maybe you're shamed that Canada sells billions in arms to the Saudis? No matter. All you're doing with this is advertising your own ignorance in a very loud voice.

If you really are concerned about protecting fundamentalist Saudi clerics from hate speech, maybe you should start by taking the advice of this one and abandoning chess [and chess discussion boards, of course] altogether. lol.

Comment

our noble sport

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                                People say things online that they wouldn't say in person because it would likely lead to unpleasant consequences and in some cases even violence. Lets turn down the rhetoric. A disagreement does not make someone the enemy. Throwing labels that you can't support throws you and the proprietor of this board in an awkward position if anyone decided to take legal action. That's all I will say for now as the library is about to close.
                                Sensible remarks. It seems that it's impossible sometimes to have an adult conversation on ChessTalk about the difficult, complicated, and bewildering problems facing the world [and the world of chess politics in particular]. I've tried to argue that what I (and many others that are much more expert than me) have been calling the neo conservative view of politics is bad for chess, and bad for the world generally. Our noble sport does not deserve to be dragged in the mud, or used by a declining Empire for its hegemonic aims, or turned into a political football. People who do these things do not love chess.

Comment

Working...
                                X