Canadian Open Travel Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Open Travel Costs

Just a thought for anyone outside of Montréal going to the Canadian Open this month. VIA Rail offers discounts for young 'uns and old 'uns! A senior of 60, e.g., can take a companion free. So, 1/2 price train travel from Toronto to Montréal. I don't know how this compares to paying for gas in a car or bus fare, but it may be worth a look.

Re: Canadian Open Travel Costs

...and if you are (or were) in the military, you can travel on Via for free during the month of July (my father - a 93 year old WW2 vet - just booked a free Montreal-Ottawa return trip).

Comment

Via Rail used to have a deal where if you left on a Sat for Montreal and came back on a Sat your trip was 1/2 price but it maeans staying in Montreal until Sat after tournament. I have stayed 3 times at Mc Gill University on the Hill great rates but you have to be in good shape as it takes a week to get used to the climb.
      John R. Brown

Comment

Via Rail still has a deal during the summer in which you can travel any Saturday (limited number of tickets available) at half-price for any journey less then 3 hours - e.g. Ottawa-Montreal would qualify, but not Toronto-Montreal..

Here is a list of "special offers": http://www.viarail.ca/planner/en_plan_truc_offr.html

Comment

Well there is a cheap way from Toronto at least... Coach Canada offers buses from starting from $10 on their website www.coachcanada.com

Comment

Working...
          X