US Treasury Department idiocy may well come to an end sooner rather than later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Treasury Department idiocy may well come to an end sooner rather than later

With the US/Russian agreement on steps to stop the fighting in Syria, the nefarious actions of Treasury to criminalize Kirsan (and anyone else who disagrees with bellicose US policy) may well come to an ignominious end - sooner than predicted as well.

The neo con policy has turned into an abysmal failure and US (and allied regimes) efforts to effect regime change in Syria has crashed and burned. So any policies to that end are going to be moot. Of course, it begs the question whether the Russian authorities may, themselves, had quite enough of Kirsan (an outcome that cannot be imagined by the neo cons, however) and decide on their own not to oppose the Treasury Department's actions.

The most important thing is that Syrians won't be dying and displaced in such horrific numbers. A positive result in that regard will reduce the flow of refugees to Europe, Canada and elsewhere. In fact, since the Russian AF has given the (fill in the blank)-sponsored terrorists the merciless thrashing they deserve, the flow of refugees has measurably declined.

If I'm right, the way that the US and the Treasury Department drops their actions should be quite delicious. Keep your eyes open.
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Re: US Treasury Department idiocy may well come to an end sooner rather than later

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
    With the US/Russian agreement on steps to stop the fighting in Syria, the nefarious actions of Treasury to criminalize Kirsan (and anyone else who disagrees with bellicose US policy) may well come to an ignominious end - sooner than predicted as well.

The neo con policy has turned into an abysmal failure and US (and allied regimes) efforts to effect regime change in Syria has crashed and burned. So any policies to that end are going to be moot. Of course, it begs the question whether the Russian authorities may, themselves, had quite enough of Kirsan (an outcome that cannot be imagined by the neo cons, however) and decide on their own not to oppose the Treasury Department's actions.

The most important thing is that Syrians won't be dying and displaced in such horrific numbers. A positive result in that regard will reduce the flow of refugees to Europe, Canada and elsewhere. In fact, since the Russian AF has given the (fill in the blank)-sponsored terrorists the merciless thrashing they deserve, the flow of refugees has measurably declined.

If I'm right, the way that the US and the Treasury Department drops their actions should be quite delicious. Keep your eyes open.
    Are you *ever* going to grow up in the way you post your political crud?? How do you expect anybody to take you seriously when you repeatedly "editorialize" via parenthetical snide remarks (let alone the ones in bold)?

Steve

Comment

Bashar al-Assad calls elections for April in Syria

Bashar al-Assad has called elections for April 13. I wonder if the "moderate" terrorists will win?

Comment

By all means post another picture of your meal

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
        Are you *ever* going to grow up in the way you post your political crud?? How do you expect anybody to take you seriously when you repeatedly "editorialize" via parenthetical snide remarks (let alone the ones in bold)?

Steve

Comment

GM Kramnik "The Sanctions Imposed on Ilyumzhinov Might Have Been Kasparov's Revenge"

Originally posted by GM Vladimir Kramnik
          "This is very sad, - the former World Champion says. - Whatever opinions people might have about Ilyumzhinov, I am sure that exactly those accusations are far-fetched. It looks more like a revenge for the 2014 FIDE elections which Kasparov lost to Ilyumzhinov by a wide margin. Kasparov had a colossal support by the USA during the elections, including the financial side of the matter. Perhaps the people who were backing him have good contacts in the U.S. Department of State. Thus, they decided to combine business with pleasure as they got their revenge for the failed elections and also attempted to hamper conclusion of a major contract..."
          "In an interview to a Russian newspaper Sport-Express, Vladimir Kramnik communicates his opinion on the sanctions the U.S. Department of the Treasury imposed on Kirsan Ilyumzhinov."

See Kramnik: "The Sanctions Imposed on Ilyumzhinov Might Have Been Kasparov's Revenge"

Notice that Kramnik mentions "the people backing him (Kasparov)" as having "good contacts" in the State Department. Kasparov is well known as a supporter of the odious neo cons. The latter have had an enormous influence on the current, and previous, US administrations.

But, if they have, nevertheless, failed to "hamper conclusion of a major contract", then all the more reason for the US to drop the spurious sanctions against the embattled FIDE President. Prediction: Kirsan will be in NYC in November, or certainly back before the 2018 FIDE elections (i.e., once a new admin takes place in Washington) go ahead. Count on it.

eta: Kasparov's reply. See "Don't Blame Me ... "

""The bizarre comments by Vladimir Kramnik attempting to blame me for FIDE president Kirsan Ilyumzhinov's corruption are, if little else, definitive proof that exceptional chess skill does not represent broader intelligence or moral character. "

I find myself in complete agreement with Kasparov's conclusion but not for the reason he may think. :)
          Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Wednesday, 2nd March, 2016, 05:46 PM. Reason: Kasparov's reply

Comment

The SAA is giving the terrorists a thumping. Oh, no!

With the Syrian ceasefire holding, despite the boiling rage of the terrorists and the neo cons, the whole monstrous narrative of blaming the victim of terrorism for terrorism (blaming Syria for Daesh, al-Nusra, etc.) is unraveling.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys. When the last ISIS terrorists are driven from Syria by the Syrian Arab Army, the Russian AF, etc., it's going to take some remarkable hubris to keep up the facade of blaming them for "sponsoring" terrorism.

And that means alleging a connection between Kirsan and the terrorists, via a Syrian bank, is looking more and more like Kasparov's revenge. Good on Kramnik for boxing his ears. Sometimes truth has to be spoken to power, and blurted out, and let the chips fall where they may.

What a farce this whole story has become. And it just shows the degree to which even a Democrat like Obama has become a poodle for the neo cons. The latter's script for regime change in Syria has left them with broken teeth and a stupid look on their faces.

Comment

Re: The SAA is giving the terrorists a thumping. Oh, no!

I admire your ability to report on issues like these without resorting to emotionally charged phrases and name calling.

Mind you, to be fair, it's a trait I admire in many who post on Chesstalk.

Comment

ChessTalkers are nothing if not opinionated!

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
                I admire your ability to report on issues like these without resorting to emotionally charged phrases and name calling.

Mind you, to be fair, it's a trait I admire in many who post on Chesstalk.
                lol. And I'm not even warmed up.

Seriously, this neo con political trend has got to be the most bellicose, aggressive ideology going. In many ways they have plenty in common with the Sunni jihadists. It's just endless war as fun and game$: Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Syria. The latest chatter has the representatives of the Saudi regime visiting Washington to discuss the destabilization of Lebanon.

I wouldn't bother to mention them at all but they seem to be over-represented in the chess fraternity. And I think they do harm to our sport.

Anyway, I've made a prediction or two. Let's see if I eat my words or hit the nail on the head. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X