Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Celebration of Life

My condolences to your family Lawrence.
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Re: Celebration of Life

My condolences. I had hoped to express them in person but will not be able to attend your ceremony.

Comment

Re: Celebration of Life - Sandy (Alexander Gough) Day, P.Eng. June 29, 1920 - Feb 25,

Sandy (Alexander Gough) Day, P.Eng.
        June 29, 1920 - February 25, 2016

MCCALL’S FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATION SERVICES | VICTORIA, BC > OBITUARIES > SANDY (ALEXANDER GOUGH) DAY, P.ENG.

Day, Alexander
        Born in Toronto, a middle child with 8 siblings, Sandy graduated from the University of Toronto with a degree in Electrical Engineering in 1943. He designed and built early television sets, and quickly progressed to the start-up and running of television stations, including CKCO Kitchener and CJOH Ottawa. Later, he worked for the Canadian Association of Broadcasters establishing international protocols at the UN in Geneva, Switzerland. Sandy retired to Victoria in 1988 with his late-wife, Doreen, where he curled and lawn bowled; living first on beautiful Harling Point, and much later, at Douglas House (Amica).

Sandy was a devoted loving father/husband to: Doreen, Donna, Lawrence, Tanis and Julia Day, and grandfather to: Handro, Jemima, Marlow, Raffles, Felix, Julian, Kellen and Elias.

Grateful thanks to warm and friendly Douglas House care team.

A Celebration of Life will be held at the Hotel Grand Pacific Ballroom on Sunday, February 28 from 2-5 PM.

Donations may be made to Canadian Chess Olympic Fund www.chess.ca/node/921.

Condolences may be offered to the family below.

McCall’s Funeral Home
        www.mccallbros.com

http://www.mccallbros.com/obituaries...ough-day-p-eng

Comment

Re: Celebration of Life - Sandy (Alexander Gough) Day, P.Eng. June 29, 1920 - Feb 25,

Lawrence, what a wonderful relationship you have with your father! I didnt previously know the extent of the chess connection - but your biggest fan - wow!
          My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Re : Re: Celebration of Life - Sandy (Alexander Gough) Day, P.Eng. June 29, 1920 - Fe

A nice tribute to your father, Lawrence. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
            X