Sudbury Spring Open - Flyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudbury Spring Open - Flyer

Are you tired of playing in the same, well organized Hal Bond tournaments in Guelph? Do you find the venue has too many options for lunch? Do you have the blues because those Southern Ontario tournaments are just too close? Would you rather drive 4 hours north to a smaller event?

If so, look no further! The Sudbury Spring Open is here and ready to impress the one or two of you who decide to come!

Here's the info:

Sudbury Spring Open

Date: April 16 - 17, 2016
    Venue: Laurentian University, Classroom Building, C-306
    Type: Five round swiss
    Time control: 90 minutes plus 30s / move
    Entry fee: $35 ($15 junior/senior)
    Prizes: TBA; based on entry
    Byes: Up to 2 half-point byes in rounds 1 - 4. Must be requested before the round preceding the bye.

Round 1: Saturday, 9:00 a.m.
    Round 2: Saturday, 1:30 p.m.
    Round 3: Saturday, 6:00 p.m.
    Round 4: Sunday 10:00 a.m. (special arrangements possible for participants arriving by city bus)
    Round 5: Sunday 3:00 p.m.

This is a CFC rated event. Players must have a valid CFC membership. One year memberships or one-time (tournament) memberships can be bought (renewed) with the tournament registration. Players that have no CFC rating prior to this event will receive a $5 discount on the tournament entry fee.

In all seriousness, it is a fair bit of fun and if you're chasing the NM title, it's a solid place to pick up Norms.

Hope to see you all there!

-Matt

Re: Sudbury Spring Open - Flyer

Two weeks away!

Comment

Would have loved to play. I'm in Sturgeon Falls for a family visit. However, I locked in my travel arrangements before you advertised.
      Hope you invite me next year.
      Paul Leblanc
      Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

There will be the Sudbury Championship in late October or early November... that's pretty much always the strongest Northern Ontario tournament. It'd be great to meet you there!

Comment

I'll be back in the fall sometime. Would be great to play.
          Paul Leblanc
          Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Only a week away! At the moment it looks like we have one or two experts, two NMs, and a large group of class players coming. Hopefully some others from out of town can make it out.

Comment

Working...
            X