I'd like to acknowledge some new CFC Life Members:
    Veerendra and Rishvir Nagella, Lower York, ON
    Stephen Humphreys, Kitchener, ON
    Henry Grayson, Hamilton, ON
    Bernie Prost, Newmarket, ON
    John W Ellis, Toronto, ON
    Gogs Gagnon, Courtenay, BC
    Gerald Aspler, Edmonton, AB

Thank you for supporting the Chess Foundation of Canada.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Re: New CFC Life Members

I notice alot of old (meaning in the past) tournament players joining as life members. Congratulations on the good work in applying the vision Paul!

Comment

Congratulations on the good work in applying the vision Paul!
      Sad and pathetic ... a vision of dribs and drabs. But hey, it must give you some sort of comfort.

I guess it comes with the cold realization of having been forced down low begging on your hands and knees?

Comment

I had respect for Neil. Something must be bothering him so I'll let it pass.
        Paul Leblanc

Comment

Good to see several new Life members.

Comment

Paul,

Which provinces recognize the life membership for their provincial portion?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
              Sad and pathetic ... a vision of dribs and drabs. But hey, it must give you some sort of comfort.

I guess it comes with the cold realization of having been forced down low begging on your hands and knees?
              I know Trump has had a rough week but no need to take it out on Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post
                Paul,

Which provinces recognize the life membership for their provincial portion?
                Each province has to decide if it wants to charge a provincial fee to CFC Life members.

Comment

Fred,

Do you know which provinces currently do this?

Comment

If this isn't already been done, I would suggest that the CFC send a letter to the last known (postal and/or email) address of every life member - confirming that the person is still alive, or has no contact at all - and remove those which "bounce". For instance - there is one life member "in Quebec" who has lived in the US for the last 15 or 20 years. If his email is valid, get his current postal address.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post
                      Fred,

Do you know which provinces currently do this?
                      No. I think some provinces sell Lifetime Memberships - but I suspect the vast majority of Life members pay no provincial dues.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                        If this isn't already been done, I would suggest that the CFC send a letter to the last known (postal and/or email) address of every life member - confirming that the person is still alive, or has no contact at all - and remove those which "bounce". For instance - there is one life member "in Quebec" who has lived in the US for the last 15 or 20 years. If his email is valid, get his current postal address.
                        I strongly suspect this has never been done, Hugh. I suspect one has to weigh the cost to the CFC (manpower) as opposed to the benefits.

Comment

I suspect there is no cost to the CFC of carrying an expired member on its books. Makes the membership count look better, too. :p

Comment

60 days later ... seriously? Nice of you to have finally showed up Drkulec.

Even if you're desperately trying to manipulate Leblanc, Trump, & me ... I hope Paul Leblanc is pleased with your cheap little afterthought sentiment.

Although I referred to Trump as a dufus, he does have smarts in one area: human psychology. I've likened Vlad Drkulec to him in other posts, because both of them are expert in how to manipulate people's thinking and people's emotions without them even knowing they are being manipulated.

Paul Bonham
                            Have a nice day.

Comment

Toni, here in BC the CFC life members pay provincial dues
                              Paul Leblanc

Comment

Working...
                              X