Question for Bob Gillanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Bob Gillanders

Hi Bob. Just attempted to re-join the CFC via the CFC's website. Am I doing something wrong or are the online membership purchase arrangements really screwed up? When the software asked me for the third time to fill in my name and address (supposedly twice for billing purposes and once for shipping - why does the CFC need either when all I want is to use a credit card to buy a membership online) I cancelled the transaction. How do people renew their memberships these days?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Re: Question for Bob Gillanders

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    Hi Bob. Just attempted to re-join the CFC via the CFC's website. Am I doing something wrong or are the online membership purchase arrangements really screwed up? When the software asked me for the third time to fill in my name and address (supposedly twice for billing purposes and once for shipping - why does the CFC need either when all I want is to use a credit card to buy a membership online) I cancelled the transaction. How do people renew their memberships these days?
    Peter, it is a standard off the shelf online store system.
    The first page will ask you for billing and shipping addresses. This is normal. For most of our members, this is redundant. But it can be useful if you paying for someone else.

The third time it asks you for name and address, is to verify information against your credit card file. It's the bank asking for the third time.

Anyway, the online system is becoming more popular as time passes. But it is a common complaint that the system is not very user friendly, but the majority get thru it okay.

You can always just mail a cheque or phone it in.

Comment

The Chess Federation of Canada
      PO Box 85015
      Brant Plaza
      Burlington Ontario
      L7R 4K3
      This is the mailing address.

Comment

Consider becoming a life member; you will never have to fill out this form again.
        Paul Leblanc
        Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Working...
        X