Number 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 3

Razvan got his 3-rd and final GM norm. He needed a draw in his last round (white against GM Lenderman). Razvan managed to get a rook ending with extra pawn, tried to create some problems for his opponents, but it was a draw.

Congratulations! He needs something like 30 rating points to 2500, which is the last requirement for the GM title.

Re: Number 3

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    Congratulations! He needs something like 30 rating points to 2500, which is the last requirement for the GM title.
    Thanks for the info Victor.

Congratulations Razvan!!

Also, congratulations to James Li from BC, who won the U1800 section with 8.5/9, worth $12,000 US.

Comment

Razvan got his 3-rd and final GM norm.
      WOW. Fantastic. Congratulations! :)

Comment

Razvan got his 3-rd and final GM norm. He needed a draw in his last round (white against GM Lenderman). Razvan managed to get a rook ending with extra pawn, tried to create some problems for his opponents, but it was a draw.

Congrats. How many points will he gain from this tournament?

Comment

Awesome Razvan !!

Comment

I'll add my kudos to this thread as well! To both Razvan and Rene!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
              I'll add my kudos to this thread as well! To both Razvan and Rene!!
              Of course Jack, good point! Rene, what a journey it's been, eh?! I can still remember Razvan's little boy face on the top boards at the WYCC in Greece a few years back!

Comment

There should be a party. Congratulations Razvan! Ontario's first home grown GM! (Ive been waiting since SPICE 2014) Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! (I think you need about 30 FIDE points or so, but still. Must be a relief.)

Comment

Congratulations Razvan! Well deserved and clearly was coming.
                  I am proud to have provided some points to you along the way (alas, CFC points not FIDE, which would be far more useful at this time)

:)
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Good point Kerry. Razvan, I'll be proud to donate (ahem, due to your skilled play of course) FIDE points any time you are ready.

Comment

Should be made a point of pride at the CFC's upcoming AGM ... at the very least home page headline news on their website.

Congrats Razvan!!!
                      Last edited by Neil Frarey; Tuesday, 5th July, 2016, 11:45 AM. Reason: someday i'll learn to check my speling ...sigh.

Comment

Very well done,Razvan!
                        The thing that is exceptional about Razvan is that he is not a marginal grandmaster.
                        He regularly wins against other grandmasters. A pleasure to watch his games.

Comment

Congrats Razvan! There was never a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                            Congrats. How many points will he gain from this tournament?
                            18 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                              Good point Kerry. Razvan, I'll be proud to donate (ahem, due to your skilled play of course) FIDE points any time you are ready.
                              Hans,

The Olympiad was a good opportunity for Razvan to get more ELO points. Few days ago he talked with a former Olympiad team member who also couldn't understand the selection committee decision. His advice to Razvan was to stay out of CFC politics and prove himself on the chessboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X