2016 CYCC List of Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 CYCC List of Players

There are many results with "F". I assume that it's a forfeit. Have players decided not to play after a registration? Or parents stormed the venue :)

Comment

The decision was made to pair players who had registered, whether they actually showed up on site or not.

Comment

Had the no-shows already paid, and could they get refunds if requested?

Comment

The only person who knows that is Vlad Drkulec.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            Had the no-shows already paid, and could they get refunds if requested?
            onlineregistration.cc website which handled registration for this tournament requires payment made.

Second question only organisers know

Comment

Brian,

Is chesstalk the only place where the pairings and results are posted?

Comment

At the moment yes. I'm trying to get access to the Windsor Chess website to post there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Clarke View Post
                  At the moment yes. I'm trying to get access to the Windsor Chess website to post there.
                  That's really LOL Though, now I should move to a different thread: a good tournament should have a good website :)

Comment

www.windsorchess.com has fallen a long way from its glory days. Vlad Drkulec started a new website to promote his own chess activities, lessons and suchlike, including CYCC. Vlad named his website www.windsorchess.org which is a bit confusing.

Just this morning, I emailed Brian offering to post html files on www.windsorchess.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                      www.windsorchess.com has fallen a long way from its glory days. Vlad Drkulec started a new website to promote his own chess activities, lessons and suchlike, including CYCC. Vlad named his website www.windsorchess.org which is a bit confusing.

Just this morning, I emailed Brian offering to post html files on www.windsorchess.com
                      Great job John. CYCC should have a website for results and pairings. Also the games should be uploaded somewhere for easy viewing. Not all parents have access to a laptop to install the Chessbase Reader in order to open the CBV file from http://www.windsorchess.org/cycc.php

Comment

well, I don't want to get into a battle of warring windsorchess websites... I'm not the webmaster of either, but I can post on the dot.com version. If Vlad posts pairings and results on his dot.org version, that's good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                          Great job John. CYCC should have a website for results and pairings. Also the games should be uploaded somewhere for easy viewing. Not all parents have access to a laptop to install the Chessbase Reader in order to open the CBV file from http://www.windsorchess.org/cycc.php
                          It would be much better to have the games available as a .pgn file. It's much more, ummm, portable.

Steve

Comment

Check this out - I'm not sure if it will work

www.windsorchess.com/CYCC2016/CYCC2016-rd1.pgn

Edit (1)
                            oops, no, let me play with it...

Edit (2)
                            looks like it works now... someone check it out
                            Last edited by John Coleman; Wednesday, 6th July, 2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

check it out

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                              Edit (2)
                              looks like it works now... someone check it out
                              There are 83 games - with a number of spelling mistakes in the names, blank games, etc. But they are readable.
                              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

To the organizers: for what it's worth, SwissSys will produce PGN headers directly from the pairings - last item on the Utilities menu.

Comment

Working...
                                X