Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      Check this out - I'm not sure if it will work

www.windsorchess.com/CYCC2016/CYCC2016-rd1.pgn

Edit (1)
      oops, no, let me play with it...

Edit (2)
      looks like it works now... someone check it out
      Hi John:

It looks fine. Some slight discrepancies from the .cbv file but from what I see it's just where the name fields in the .cbv file were incomplete.

I have to assume the original .cbv file isn't complete since there were only 83 games and it should have been 120-130 games. (Then again, figuring out the chicken scratches of adult chess players, let alone kids, can be quite the challenge.)

Steve

Comment

Re: 2016 CYCC List of Players

Originally posted by Stephen Wright View Post
        To the organizers: for what it's worth, SwissSys will produce PGN headers directly from the pairings - last item on the Utilities menu.
        Swiss-Manager can do this too. It can also upload the games and photos to the chess-results.com website and generate very nice ready to print PDFs for the player's name tags.

http://chess-results.com/PartieSuche...r=182318&art=3

http://chess-results.com/Fotos.aspx?lan=1&key1=2391

Comment

Check this out - I'm not sure if it will work

www.windsorchess.com/CYCC2016/CYCC2016-rd1.pgn
          Thanks for posting those, John. The 83 games are from sections U-8 Girls through "U-14 Boys". U-14 Girls, U-16 Open and U-18 Open are missing. Would it be possible to add these three sections as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
            Swiss-Manager can do this too. It can also upload the games and photos to the chess-results.com website and generate very nice ready to print PDFs for the player's name tags.

I loaded the U18 section in Swiss-Manager based on the chesstalk posts. Please DO NOT take these as the official standings or pairings.

http://chess-results.com/tnr229669.aspx?lan=1

Comment

Nigel wrote:

There are 83 games - with a number of spelling mistakes in the names, blank games, etc. But they are readable.
              When the smoke clears, and all the games have trickled in, I will make any name, etc. corrections and produce a "clean" file.

Thanks to anyone who is entering these games!

Comment

www.windsorchess.com has fallen a long way from its glory days. Vlad Drkulec started a new website to promote his own chess activities, lessons and suchlike, including CYCC. Vlad named his website www.windsorchess.org which is a bit confusing.

Just this morning, I emailed Brian offering to post html files on www.windsorchess.com
                I gave You Zhou admin access to Windsorchess.org with the idea of posting the pgn's there. It would probably be less confusing to post everything there.

Comment

I loaded the U18 section in Swiss-Manager based on the chesstalk posts. Please DO NOT take these as the official standings or pairings.

Excellent work tying together all available data _and_ the photos. Thanks Rene!

Quite impressive to see what Swiss-Manager is capable of.

Comment

Great. Could you update a Club/City column with towns and cities :)

Comment

I looked through all these games. Crap. There should be higher standards to enter to the National Championship. If quantity is priority, then have two rounds first day when the first round is with a shorter time control to warm up LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                        Great. Could you update a Club/City column with towns and cities :)
                        The CFC database imported in Swiss-Manager shows the player's province under the Club column. I can manually overwrite it but the province makes more sense for CYCC.

Comment

I looked through all these games. Crap. There should be higher standards to enter to the National Championship. If quantity is priority, then have two rounds first day when the first round is with a shorter time control to warm up LOL
                          It will be more interesting to see the games from the top 4 or 5 boards for each section. Entering games from lower boards is just a waste of time.

Comment

It is the $150 that goes directly to CFC that is a priority. The plain fact is that CYCC is the cash cow for CFC. Last year - CYCC 2015, 25 players did not have regular ratings at all, however their active/semi-rapide ratings were used for pairings, unlike CYCC 2014 in Montreal where they were paired as unrated in alphabetical order in the end.

You bet most if not all of them are playing slow chess for the first time at CYCC. Many boards players try three moves not just in U8 but even in U14.

Comment

Originally posted by Keerti Nyayachavadi View Post
                              The plain fact is that CYCC is the cash cow for CFC.
                              Wow, it took you a while to figure out this fact. Luckily in the last years the money were used toward WYCC, U16 Olympiad and the Junior fund and not to cover the organizer's deficit from the Canadian Open.

Comment

Luckily in the last years the money were used toward WYCC, U16 Olympiad and the Junior fund
                                Yes extra coaches but no extra player in which there was a large field - like U10, U12, U14 boys section

not to cover the organizer's deficit from the Canadian Open.
                                There was no Canadian open last year LOL

Are you implying that 2014 Montreal organizers's covered it from CYCC?

Are you sure if there is a deficit this year in Canadian open, it wont be covered from CYCC?

Comment

Working...
                                X