CFC Election NEWS - Post Discussion Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Election NEWS - Post Discussion Here

Please use this thread to post any discussion you may have concerning the CFC elections.

Note: As the elections are held on the CFC Forum some candidates may choose to make comments or answer questions there. But feel free to copy posts from there into this thread.

Re: CFC Election NEWS - Post Discussion Here

Can we not have a least draft fiscals posted for potential candidates to view.
    Fred in 2013 the fiscals were compiled on May 1st, and accountants later contracted had not one adjusting entry.
    Now we are back to waiting months and months.
    Fred that is quite a significant disconnection of what was instant valid reporting and what now is.

Comment

Carrying over discussion from another thread...

Why not create a [CFC Director's?] position of "CFC Membership Co-ordinator"?

Some suggestions for what such a person might oversee:

1) Make what in business are called "cold calls", i.e. to households that haven't had any CFC members yet (note: would need to avoid those on "do not call" list);
      2) Similarly, execute a (small?) snail mail campaign, especially with the equivalent of "cold calls", i.e. to households as described in suggestion #1;
      3) (optional) Can in some way mention bughouse in executing suggestions #1 & #2. Be responsible to post bughouse tournament notices on the CFC Discussion Board tournament announcements forum, too.

P.S.: Other suggestions, which might be performed seperately by a "CFC Clubs Admistrator", would include:
      4) Contacting clubs across Canada, in order for the CFC to update club contact email, & other club info, for the CFC website;
      5) Passing CFC-related information to clubs that they may not be aware of, such as [new] CFC programs;
      6) Finding more clubs that exist in Canada, i.e. which are not yet listed on the CFC website.
      Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Tuesday, 19th July, 2016, 02:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

I forgot to mention that it might be a good idea to have a [non-Executive] CFC officer position for someone who volunteers to manage the CFC website. Giving that person a voice and a vote at CFC meetings might be some slight incentive for a voluteer to step forward.

Btw, I've edited my previous post a bit.
        Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Tuesday, 19th July, 2016, 02:28 AM. Reason: Adding content

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Litchfield View Post
          Can we not have a least draft fiscals posted for potential candidates to view.
          Gerry. I will see if we can get the financials published prior to the meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
            I forgot to mention that it might be a good idea to have a [non-Executive] CFC officer position for someone who volunteers to manage the CFC website. Giving that person a voice and a vote at CFC meetings might be some slight incentive for a volunteer to step forward.
            Kevin

I'll also bring forward the idea of a Web Officer.

Comment

CFC Discussion

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
              Kevin

I'll also bring forward the idea of a Web Officer.
              It would be a good idea to outline what would be expected, possibly a min. time commitment, that sort of thing.
              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Carrying over discussion from another thread...

Why not create a [CFC Director's?] position of "CFC Membership Co-ordinator"?

Some suggestions for what such a person might oversee:

1) Make what in business are called "cold calls", i.e. to households that haven't had any CFC members yet (note: would need to avoid those on "do not call" list);
                2) Similarly, execute a (small?) snail mail campaign, especially with the equivalent of "cold calls", i.e. to households as described in suggestion #1;
                3) (optional) Can in some way mention bughouse in executing suggestions #1 & #2. Be responsible to post bughouse tournament notices on the CFC Discussion Board tournament announcements forum, too.

P.S.: Other suggestions, which might be performed seperately by a "CFC Clubs Admistrator", would include:
                4) Contacting clubs across Canada, in order for the CFC to update club contact email, & other club info, for the CFC website;
                5) Passing CFC-related information to clubs that they may not be aware of, such as [new] CFC programs;
                6) Finding more clubs that exist in Canada, i.e. which are not yet listed on the CFC website.
                I like 4, 5, and 6 but for some reason 1, 2, and 3 made me think of a door-to-door bughouse salesperson. :)
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                  I like 4, 5, and 6 but for some reason 1, 2, and 3 made me think of a door-to-door bughouse salesperson. :)
                  I believe John Brown, as an ordinary CFC member, volunteered some time ago for a while, to take on a position (Clubs Coordinator?) that dealt with 4 - 6. I think it was his initiative to get CFC to do it too.

Before going much further on 4-6, I think John should be contacted, or weigh in on this topic.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                    I believe John Brown, as an ordinary CFC member, volunteered some time ago for a while, to take on a position (Clubs Coordinator?) that dealt with 4 - 6. I think it was his initiative to get CFC to do it too.

Before going much further on 4-6, I think John should be contacted, or weigh in on this topic.

Bob A
                    Hi Bob

I believe John was a volunteer titled 'Clubs Coordinator', as opposed to 'Clubs Administrator', a number of years ago, when both positions existed, but 'Clubs Coordinator' was dedicated just to point #6. Perhaps point #6 is a multi-year undertaking, to complete, though.

Comment

We elected a clubs co-ordinator at the BCCF AGM, Alfred Pechisker.
                      Same rationale, the information on clubs on our website was gradually deteriorating and there was little contact between some of the clubs and the BCCF.
                      Paul Leblanc
                      Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Hi Bob I contacted 143 Cites through City halls and I had 47 responses. Some people even said they contacted the CFC and the CFC said they never heard of me or the program. I did not continue after Michael left as the new CFC president did not contact me to continue.
                        So if you want something done then do it yourself. I worked on it but you need cooperation from all sides.
                        CFC is not interested in doing anything to increase membership. They just want current members to bleed so they can pay the PUGI Funds that cannot be touched. I got no support from CFC on this venture. Kevin put me down from the beginning so if he has all these GREAT IDEAS then let him do the foot work. Blame those who volunteer and the volunteers will say Fu* k You.

Comment

John, all I recall from those days is there no reports from you for many months. I noted that at indivual meetings, if that's 'putting you down'. After discussion came up about getting another volunteer, you sent Michael an email to the effect that you were pursing the work.

There's no achive entries for meetings that go that far back on the CFC discussion board, as far as I know, so unfortunately I can't verify my memory of this. My apologies if my reports at meetings sounded at all impatient.

Comment

I'm amazed how many ideas surface before the AGM, and how fast they die (till the next year) over and over again.

Long time ago the most active chesstalker, Gary Ruben, wrote - you pay or do yourself. As I'm paying, I would like to be not robbed halve of the magazine issues. Thus, would be good to hear a plan how that will be addressed by former/future execs.

Comment

John, all I recall from those days is there no reports from you for many months. I noted that at indivual meetings, if that's 'putting you down'. After discussion came up about getting another volunteer, you sent Michael an email to the effect that you were pursing the work.

There's no achive entries for meetings that go that far back on the CFC discussion board, as far as I know, so unfortunately I can't verify my memory of this. My apologies if my reports at meetings sounded at all impatient.
                              Hi Kevin;
                              I was not allowed to join the Governors discussion board and I do remember that I had computer problems and had to go to library to get information.I reported to Michael and what ever I did I passed on to him. If it was not quick enough for you then you should have contacted me directly instead of complaining on a discussion board that I had no access to.
                              Anyway this case is closed. Unless the CFC can contact the City Towns halls themselves the Town Hall committees will not report to me.
                              So I abandoned the idea.

The time to do this stuff is over so stop bringing it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X