chessbase: new CBreplay tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chessbase: new CBreplay tool

Chessbase recently published an article on how to use a free pgn viewer... see:

http://en.chessbase.com/post/chessba...layer-for-free

Looks like a neat thing, so I try an experiment:

1. create a simple html document on my desktop containing the code to display a pgn file in two different ways (as they suggest)
    2. the display of a pgn where the actual pgn code is *inline* (in the html document) works great
    3. the display of a pgn where the pgn code is in a file on my desktop named test.pgn does nothing at all!

I attempted to contact Chessbase about this - what a joke! [They must be the most secretive organization in the world]

DOES anyone have any working email contact for Support or anyone at Chessbase???

PS: I tried using their "feedback" form and all I got was an error: "500 something went wrong"
    I tried emailing support@chessbase.com ===> invalid email recipient
    I tried emailing webmaster@chessbase.com ---> also invalid.

PPS: for those interested, I tried this code in the webpage: {} used instead of < and >
    {div class="cbreplay" data-url="test.pgn"}
    {/div}

the problem seems to be the specification of data-url but this code is identical to their example...
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Re: chessbase: new CBreplay tool

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    DOES anyone have any working email contact for Support or anyone at Chessbase???

PS: I tried using their "feedback" form and all I got was an error: "500 something went wrong"
    I tried emailing support@chessbase.com ===> invalid email recipient
    I tried emailing webmaster@chessbase.com ---> also invalid.
    try Sales@ LOL
    or info@

if you have an active account at playchess, you might find a chessbase staff online and have a chat (keep in mind a German time zone)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      try Sales@ LOL
      or info@

if you have an active account at playchess, you might find a chessbase staff online and have a chat (keep in mind a German time zone)
      Thanks. Sales@ doesn't work either...

I just tried wuellenweber@chessbase.com - (Matthias Wuellenweber)
      - he is listed as the domain contact in the registration info for chessbase.com
      will see if he can forward it to someone or if that fails too.

[update] at least that email did not bounce... seems like it is a valid email @ chessbase.com [/update]
      Last edited by Kerry Liles; Wednesday, 20th July, 2016, 11:00 AM. Reason: added an update about the issue

Comment

Update: I have heard back from Chessbase and we are working back and forth on the issue... More info when I know what is happening.

Comment

Any progress?
          Tried yesterday but got same results with pgn saved on a hard drive or a server.

This guy ( http://wpdev2.altervista.org/nuovo-visore2/ a link from chessbase) managed to use a pgn file.

Comment

Any progress?
            Tried yesterday but got same results with pgn saved on a hard drive or a server.

This guy ( http://wpdev2.altervista.org/nuovo-visore2/ a link from chessbase) managed to use a pgn file.
            The chap at chessbase tried my example too and he discovered that it is (in my case) Chrome that is not allowing the cross-domain connection to the local file.
            I had tried a static html page on my desktop and tried having it refer to a local file (also on my desktop). Chrome does not permit that:

“XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///Kortschnoj.pgn. Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, chrome-extension-resource.”

It should (and does) work fine when all of this is hosted on a server.
            So, the syntax is correct - the environment was not quite kosher.

Comment

interesting. I tried on Firefox and IE and simplified a html file to as little as needed. Could not load a pgn. :/

Comment

interesting. I tried on Firefox and IE and simplified a html file to as little as needed. Could not load a pgn. :/
                That is exactly what I did. I didn't mean to imply the problem was with Chrome - it was just nicely reported within Chrome and the developer console.
                Most likely this technique they use to read a .pgn file (via the data-url parameter info) will only work on a proper server setup.

If you put the .pgn data actually inline (in the main .html file) it works fine of course.
                I was trying to 'cheat a little' and play with the replay tool by hacking together something simple using just local files... that was what didn't work...

Luckily I was able to contact the person at chessbase who was kind enough to dig around and point out the problem. I thanked him several times,
                but he did not comment on how hard it was to contact Chessbase in general... :)

Comment

Working...
                X