The next president of the United States...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The next president of the United States...

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    Trump stunk the joint out, he was pathetic.
    True!

Unfortunately, Clinton is not a skilled orator like Obama or husband Bill. I had to avert my eyes and ears momentarily a couple of times as she struggled. Nevertheless, she clearly won the debate as Trump ranted on like a 5 year old spoiled brat, showing himself to be the rude obnoxious vindictive narcissist that he is, unable to hide this fact for a mere 90 minutes.

Trump’s polls have been climbing over the last few weeks. Thank God this debate has hopefully broken that momentum. However, I fear it may not be enough. She will need to win all 3 debates, and then she may still lose. Too many voters are willing to forgive Trump his many flaws, and blame Clinton for everything.

I eagerly await new polls. Pass the Prozac.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      Based on the debate, and unless there is some drastic change in circumstances it will be Donald Trump....
      The rest of us live in the real world. I hope you continue to be happy in your imaginary one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
        Well of course you would be the last to know.
        If you knew what was idiotic, you would not have made the dozen or so posts you made in the past year or two. Just ask GM Bator Sambuev.
        How can Trump be an idiot if he's made billion of dollars. Seems like the only ignorant idiot here is...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
          The rest of us live in the real world. I hope you continue to be happy in your imaginary one.
          I disagree. Trump lost the debate badly, this is clear to any objective observer. Yet, with the exception of the hopelessly biased CNN, most or all other American news polls indicate that the American people by a good majority believe that Trump actually won the debate. Of course, most people believe that the winner of any debate is the person they intend to vote for. Thus, the vast majority of voters prefer Trump. Unless this election is fixed (and it certainly could be) Trump will win in a landslide. This is demonstrated by last night's debate and the reaction to it on the part of American voters.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
            How can Trump be an idiot if he's made billion of dollars.
            Math. If you inherit $ 200,000,000 from your father, invest it, after a few years, yippee, you are a billionaire!
            Really not that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
              I disagree. Trump lost the debate badly, this is clear to any objective observer. Yet, with the exception of the hopelessly biased CNN, most or all other American news polls indicate that the American people by a good majority believe that Trump actually won the debate. Of course, most people believe that the winner of any debate is the person they intend to vote for. Thus, the vast majority of voters prefer Trump. Unless this election is fixed (and it certainly could be) Trump will win in a landslide. This is demonstrated by last night's debate and the reaction to it on the part of American voters.
              Interesting site:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/

(for a lot of statistical analysis of various things...)

Seems to believe that H.C. won the debate. Perhaps there is another potential outcome: both losers?
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                Math. If you inherit $ 200,000,000 from your father, invest it, after a few years, yippee, you are a billionaire!
                It has been pointed out that if he had simply invested his inheritance in a Dow Jones indexed mutual fund he'd be a whole lot richer today than he is.

And he wouldn't have to have used bankruptcy to stiff hundreds of people he owed money to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  Interesting site:
                  http://fivethirtyeight.com/
                  Princeton Election Consortium has a better record than 538 at predicting national elections. They currently have Clinton favoured by about four to one pre-debate.

Comment

Another interesting poll site:

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/uspolltracker/

Or from the British bookies (blue means odds getting better; red means odds getting worse):

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...on-2016/winner

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
                      Princeton Election Consortium has a better record than 538 at predicting national elections. They currently have Clinton favoured by about four to one pre-debate.
                      Thanks Ed; that does look like an interesting site.
                      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Then I guess all those folks who win the lottery would at least be multi-millionaires.

But ...

http://time.com/4176128/powerball-ja...ttery-winners/

"About 70 percent of people who suddenly receive a windfall of cash will lose it within a few years, according to the National Endowment for Financial Education."

So he may not be a genius, but he's at least smarter than 2/3 of lottery winners when it comes to money. ;-)

Arguably the Clintons are even better with money. They turned careers in the public service into a combined nine-figure net worth.
                        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                          Then I guess all those folks who win the lottery would at least be multi-millionaires.

But ...

http://time.com/4176128/powerball-ja...ttery-winners/

"About 70 percent of people who suddenly receive a windfall of cash will lose it within a few years, according to the National Endowment for Financial Education."

So he may not be a genius, but he's at least smarter than 2/3 of lottery winners when it comes to money. ;-)

Arguably the Clintons are even better with money. They turned careers in the public service into a combined nine-figure net worth.

Tom, people don't lose windfalls. They SPEND them. Those 70% of lottery winners make a conscious decision that it is better for them to spend the money immediately (or give it to family and friends) than to save it for the future. They have the right to make that decision.

What Bob was saying is that IF one has the goal of building up wealth, and one gets a windfall of cash to begin with, one doesn't have to do anything special. As another poster said, Trump would have done better by investing in an index fund over all those years. Kinda puts perspective on how "smart" Trump is!

Trump also had to use bankruptcy laws 4 times in order to get out of paying his bills. So what if he shafted hard-working Americans in the process? He realized that rising to the top on the backs of working people. squashing them like bugs, would put him where he is now: up on a pedestal, with millions looking up at him with admiration.

So 70% of people don't have a goal of building up wealth. That sounds sensible based on what we see in everyday life in the U.S. and Canada.

I know, Tom, you look down at those 70%. But you should be thankful for them, because without such a large market of people willing to spend, the economy would collapse. All the economic models REQUIRE that 70% to exist and to keep spending. If the only things anyone bought were necessities (food, water, basic clothes, shelter) we'd still be back in the stone age. I'm pretty sure that would suit you fine, but you are part of a tiny tiny minority.
                          Only the rushing is heard...
                          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

...and Trump wins again!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                              So 70% of people don't have a goal of building up wealth. That sounds sensible based on what we see in everyday life in the U.S. and Canada.
                              I want to accumulate wealth, and I have, but very little of it is money. Actually money isn't wealth at all, it is merely a convenient symbol of wealth. You can't eat symbols. And money doesn't actually measure most wealth very well - what is the monetary value of having a good friend? What is the monetary value of playing over a game by Capablanca, Fischer, or Tal (to mention but a few)? Most people understand that the real value of a large lottery win consists in the help and good you can do for others. Knowing that you have done even a little good for the world is the greatest wealth of all. I am happy to say that I once managed to help some others do just that, and that knowledge is the greatest wealth I possess, or ever could possess.

And I can only feel pity for those who believe that money is wealth for they are doomed to an endless pursuit of that which will be forever just beyond their reach.
                              Last edited by Ed Seedhouse; Tuesday, 27th September, 2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                                They have the right to make that decision.
                                Nowhere in this thread did I question anyone's right to make decisions.
                                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X