Drain the swamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain the swamp?

Trump's latest appointment is a little puzzling considering his promise to drain the swamp.
    I am speaking of his pick for head of the EPA, Scott Pruitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5hK6zfs11s

Re: Drain the swamp?

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Trump's latest appointment is a little puzzling considering his promise to drain the swamp.
    I am speaking of his pick for head of the EPA, Scott Pruitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5hK6zfs11s
    Of course, a truly independent viewpoint!

A very nice pick by Trump. The EPA has been the swamp for 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post

C'mon Ken! You're not naive. Trump isn't going to drain the 'Washington swamp'. He's simply going to adapt it to his own purposes. Meanwhile, Trump continues his bullshit ways by lying about the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier in Indiana:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...umps-big-deal/

p.s. How long do you think it will take before Trump's lower/lower middle class base find out that they've been screwed again by yet another b.s. politician? I wonder how the "second amendment people" might react?
      Last edited by Peter McKillop; Thursday, 8th December, 2016, 12:33 PM.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

It is funny that Obama wanted the free market to decide, while Trump wants to interfere in the markets. It's as if the players have switched teams.

If the only thing Trump does is end American "adventures" overseas he will be one of the greatest Presidents ever, imo.
        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

The amusing part is the hysteria in the irrelevant left wing Clinton media (Clinton News Network and MS-NBC) trying to make a case that Scott Pruitt should be rejected because he joined a lawsuit by 28 states against the illegal Obama presidential order initiatives with the EPA. Neither of these news organizations should be given a place in the White House press pool. Perhaps they should even discontinue the press pool and release their information through youtube. It will help these "news" organizations save money which will be needed as subscribers pull the plug on them.

Comment

They're already releasing their information via Twitter. Why change? :)
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
              It is funny that Obama wanted the free market to decide, while Trump wants to interfere in the markets. It's as if the players have switched teams.

If the only thing Trump does is end American "adventures" overseas he will be one of the greatest Presidents ever, imo.

Judging by his tweets, Trump may be starting some new overseas adventures.... with China. I'm guessing China did something in the remote past to hurt Trump's businesses and Trump has long awaited a chance for revenge.

WalMart will go out of business if Trump engages in a trade war with China. And on the topic of jobs, Amazon has just announced technology that will eradicate the need for cashiers altogether in supermarkets, and McDonald's is introducing technology that will eventually eliminate the need for any personnel at all in all fast food places. Trump has nothing to do with these announcements, but when he begins to see how it will devastate the American jobs landscape, he will probably OUTLAW IT.

Trump is already showing signs of being the most interventionist President in domestic policy in U.S. history. Strangely enough, he's going to impose harsh penalties for companies that expand outside the U.S. while simultaneously freeing them up to rape the environment within the U.S. The Flint water crisis will seem like an afternoon tea party.

Maybe Gary Hua won't need that one-way flight to North Korea after all, he could just drive across the border into the U.S. Oh...... except maybe there will be a big, beautiful wall by then.
              Only the rushing is heard...
              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Drain the swamp ... is a brilliant and challenging effort to stop the hoard of Washington lobbyist.

The Donald is already shaping up to be of the greatest presidents of all time!

How's that voter recount coming along???

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                  C'mon Ken! You're not naive. Trump isn't going to drain the 'Washington swamp'. He's simply going to adapt it to his own purposes. Meanwhile, Trump continues his bullshit ways by lying about the jobs he supposedly saved at Carrier in Indiana:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...umps-big-deal/

p.s. How long do you think it will take before Trump's lower/lower middle class base find out that they've been screwed again by yet another b.s. politician? I wonder how the "second amendment people" might react?

I usually refuse to get into these back and forth's, Peter, but...

Did I miss something where I said Trump would "drain the swamp?" Maybe I forgot something I said or goofed? Or, did you simply put words in my mouth?

Trump can't hire only outsiders or nothing will get done. My biggest disappointment so far is that Gingrich is not in his choices. He will need someone from the "swamp" to help him navigate. He has done well so far by not hiring all the "old boys/girls." There are some fresh faces in his camp, that makes me hopeful!

Have you ever seen anything like the excoriation of Trump since he won the Presidency? Has any other President ever faced so much criticism after winning?

I don't know if Trump lied, BUT, imagine that, a politician who lies!

Finally, are you suggesting that someone will shoot trump OR even recommending it? :)

Comment

can't tell who's on first ...

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                    You're not the first to make this observation. It is also true in relation to foreign policy - especially wrt Russia. Obama has compared Russia to the Ebola virus, ISIS, etc., and not just in private speeches but, for example, from the rostrum of the United Nations. This has, rather needlessly to say, not endeared him to the Russian President or Russia generally. And it has meant that the US and Russia - powerful nuclear states that should be able to work together on common issues - have been at loggerheads for years.

The US encouraged the tie-chewing criminal Saakashvili in Georgia to "poke the bear" and kill Ossetians and Russian peace-keepers in and around Tskinvali; they helped make Libya, once the highest living standard in Africa, a failed state and nursery for terrorists; they arranged a coup d'etat in Ukraine, and encouraged ethnic cleansing of the Russian-speaking minority, and they've been surreptitiously helping terrorists in Syria. All of these policies, most under Obama, has made Russia, and the world, less safe. When the Russians told the US about the Tsarnev brothers in Boston, that they might be terrorists, the US thumbed their nose back. We all saw what happened with that.

US-Russian relations have been abysmally low, worse now than they have been for a very long time. This is continuing right up until the last second, it seems, of Obama's Presidency. So it's almost impossible for Trump to be worse.

Some say that this change of policy direction is impossible in the US. The military industries, and their related political "firepower" is too strong, they will flatten Trump, and reign in his policies in this direction. But then Nixon went to China, didn't he?

We live in interesting times.
                    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Finally, are you suggesting that someone will shoot trump OR even recommending it? :)
                      I would hope that nearly all who are anti-Trump-Policies, would never consider violence against Trump himself.

The issue may be however, the extent to which Trump crosses legal lines, and sets himself up to be impeached.

I do fear that possibility......if I am forced to choose between President Trump and President Pence, I'll stay with the devil I know if I can (Given what I've read and seen about our "heat-beat-from-the-Presidency" Vice-President)!

Bob A
                      Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Thursday, 8th December, 2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                        They're already releasing their information via Twitter. Why change? :)
                        He did do a release on YouTube as well. I caught CNN fuming about it and Fox laughing about it while flicking channels between periods of the hockey game.

Comment

Re: can't tell who's on first ...

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                          You're not the first to make this observation. It is also true in relation to foreign policy - especially wrt Russia. Obama has compared Russia to the Ebola virus, ISIS, etc., and not just in private speeches but, for example, from the rostrum of the United Nations. This has, rather needlessly to say, not endeared him to the Russian President or Russia generally. And it has meant that the US and Russia - powerful nuclear states that should be able to work together on common issues - have been at loggerheads for years.

The US encouraged the tie-chewing criminal Saakashvili in Georgia to "poke the bear" and kill Ossetians and Russian peace-keepers in and around Tskinvali; they helped make Libya, once the highest living standard in Africa, a failed state and nursery for terrorists; they arranged a coup d'etat in Ukraine, and encouraged ethnic cleansing of the Russian-speaking minority, and they've been surreptitiously helping terrorists in Syria. All of these policies, most under Obama, has made Russia, and the world, less safe. When the Russians told the US about the Tsarnev brothers in Boston, that they might be terrorists, the US thumbed their nose back. We all saw what happened with that.

US-Russian relations have been abysmally low, worse now than they have been for a very long time. This is continuing right up until the last second, it seems, of Obama's Presidency. So it's almost impossible for Trump to be worse.

Some say that this change of policy direction is impossible in the US. The military industries, and their related political "firepower" is too strong, they will flatten Trump, and reign in his policies in this direction. But then Nixon went to China, didn't he?

We live in interesting times.
                          I think there is going to be a reset on Russian - US relations. Hopefully it will be one which will discourage authoritarian tendencies on both sides and make the world a better and safer place. The Obama-Clinton-Kerry doctrine approach has created a huge power vacuum which has increased the instability of the world and made things worse particularly where they have chosen to take what Miyamoto Musashi would call a slashing approach in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt and elsewhere. Hopefully it will get Kirsan out of the doghouse along the way.

Comment

Re: can't tell who's on first ...

You forgot to put in a big laughing emoji to show that you were joking.:D

Comment

Syrian President on President-Elect Donald Trump

It's interesting what Bashar al-Assad (the Syrian President) said about Trump, etc.

Question: US President-elect Donald Trump said in his statements that he is not interested in removing the Syrian President from power and interfering in Syrian affairs, and that his only concern is fighting ISIS. Do you believe that there is a possibility to cooperate with the American army in fighting ISIS, particularly that the September 9 agreement between the Russians and the Americans was sabotaged by the Pentagon because it believes that Jabhat al-Nusra is the only force that can be used to threaten the Syrian regime?

President Assad: In principle, we have spoken about the necessity of forming an alliance against terrorism since 1985. And we continuously announce that Syria is ready to cooperate with any party seeking seriously to fight terrorism. This is a general principle which applies to the United States and all countries. But realistically, can the United States move in that direction? Talking about the issue which you mentioned, it shows that the Pentagon plays a role contrary to that of the White House, and the White House follows a policy different from that of the State Department.
                              The fact is that the American state has appeared during the past year in a state similar to that of the armed factions in Syria, when they fight for spoils. This is not new, but has appeared more clearly. That’s why you see statements in the morning which differ from their policies in the evening, and their policies in the evening differ from what they do in implementation of that policy the next day, and so on. There are contradictory statements among the different lobbies and administrations. You feel that there is no specific policy, but different conflicts. This is the truth. Can the new President control these things? This question is difficult to answer. Can he face the media, which is part of the lying and deceptive propaganda? Was electing Trump a reaction on the part of the American people against the existing political institution? There are many complicated questions. If Trump was able to implement what he announced during his election campaign, that he will fight terrorism, and that his priority is ISIS, and was able to bring all American forces, movements, and institutions in that direction, what he said will be realistic. But we have to wait and see what will happen in the United States.
                              See Interview with the Syrian President

Who knows? I suppose the best that can be hoped is that he will grow into the Office of POTUS.
                              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
                              X