2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

    Registration for the 2017 CYCC and Canadian Open in Sault Ste. Marie, ON is now open. In addition, discounted residence room packages are available for those looking to stay for the duration of both events (double rooms / pods of 5 single rooms / pods of 8 single rooms).

    Invitations for titled players will be going out shortly. If you are a Canadian GM / IM / WGM and do not receive an email this month, it means I do not have your email address. Based on the number of inquiries already received from foreign titled players, we will have no difficulty in surpassing tournament requirements for the achievement of norms.

    Canadian Open $50000 Prize Fund (based on 300 paid entries); $40000 Prize Fund guaranteed. Prize fund breakdown coming soon.

    www.ssmchess.ca - Now also available in French.

  • #2
    Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

    I like the idea that there is a six day option with a merger after 6 rounds
    Paul Leblanc
    CFC Rating Auditor
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

      Official players representing Canada in WYCC and WCCC has to play in the CYCC 2017

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

        A couple of updates:

        Canadian Open invitations have been sent out to Canadian titled players for whom I have contact information. If you are an IM/GM/WGM and did not receive an invitation and are considering playing, please contact us through the email listed on the event website. As well, the prize fund distribution has been posted (including class prizes every 100 points).

        Rooms onsite at the Sault College residence are about 1/4 sold out.

        The first preregistered list for the top section will appear in April.

        The event website (www.ssmchess.ca) has been updated with additional details including information about byes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

          Originally posted by Andrew Peredun View Post
          A couple of updates:

          Canadian Open invitations have been sent out to Canadian titled players for whom I have contact information. If you are an IM/GM/WGM and did not receive an invitation and are considering playing, please contact us through the email listed on the event website. As well, the prize fund distribution has been posted (including class prizes every 100 points).

          Rooms onsite at the Sault College residence are about 1/4 sold out.

          The first preregistered list for the top section will appear in April.

          The event website (www.ssmchess.ca) has been updated with additional details including information about byes.
          It appeared to me that the booking options are offered for players who shall be playing in both CYCC and CO only. Is it possible to make it flexible for players who can only play for 6 days or 9 days schedules at the CO? https://ssmchess.eventsmart.com/even...-2017-cycc-co/
          Last edited by Ferdinand Supsup; Friday, 31st March, 2017, 10:00 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

            Originally posted by Ferdinand Supsup View Post
            It appeared to me that the booking options are offered for players who shall be playing in both CYCC and CO only. Is it possible to make it flexible for players who can only play for 6 days or 9 days schedules at the CO? https://ssmchess.eventsmart.com/even...-2017-cycc-co/
            On-site room booking packages for the CYCC and Canadian Open (separately) will be available on the website beginning tomorrow. We wanted to give an initial opportunity to reserve on-site rooms to those who were staying for both events, and had planned on opening up the on-site residence rooms to those looking to book for one event only beginning April 1st.

            The following new packages will be available for both single and double rooms on-site:

            A CYCC only package (nights of the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, check out on the morning of the 10th).

            Canadian Open packages for both the 6-day schedule (check in on the 10th) and 9-day schedule (check in on the 7th).

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

              Single and double room packages for the CYCC (only) and Canadian Open (both 6 and 9 day schedules) are now available.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

                Hi Andrew, what is the cancellation policy on these room packages? Non-refundable?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

                  Originally posted by James Tan View Post
                  Hi Andrew, what is the cancellation policy on these room packages? Non-refundable?
                  75% refund until the end of April.
                  50% refund until the end of May.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

                    Signs you grew up in Sault Ste Marie:
                    http://www.narcity.com/toronto/18-si...lt-ste-marie/?
                    Last edited by Erik Malmsten; Tuesday, 4th April, 2017, 11:34 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

                      The qualified players list for the CYCC was updated today for several qualifiers this week.
                      We have the list sorted by name and by tournament.
                      I encourage all qualifier organizers to review the list (sorted by tournament) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
                      Kids can review the list sorted by name. If you think your name is missing, please advise the TD and/or CFC office.

                      The lists can be found on the CFC home page (near the centre).

                      Check the list of remaining CYCC qualifiers on the tournaments listing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

                        I sent the following message to the ssmchess info email address over 3 weeks ago, and have not had a response - so I will post it here:

                        Hello -


                        As I have done in the past, I (and my help) am willing to enter all the games of the Open and CYCC for posterity at no charge to you (only the postage - if necessary). All I ask of you is to supply and collect NCR (carbon-copy) scoresheets (OR alternatively - although it hasn't been tried much in the past - take a clear photo (i.e. in focus, and including all the moves) of BOTH players' scoresheets and save it in a file(s)). Player names, section, board number, and round would need to be clearly indicated on the scoresheet - as well as being sorted into some sort of meaningful order.


                        If you are going the NCR route, the cheapest way is to design your own and get them printed locally. Choices - 2 columns of 25 moves; 2 columns of 30 moves; 3 columns of 20 moves; or 3 columns of 25 moves. Remember - a good 20% of games last longer than 50 moves and would require a second 50-move sheet. Likewise - about 10% last longer than 60 moves.


                        Waiting to hear from you!



                        Hugh Brodie

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

                          Hugh,

                          We'll find a way to get you a copy of the games after the tournament so you can put them into Canbase.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

                            Originally posted by Andrew Peredun View Post
                            Registration for the 2017 CYCC and Canadian Open in Sault Ste. Marie, ON is now open. In addition, discounted residence room packages are available for those looking to stay for the duration of both events (double rooms / pods of 5 single rooms / pods of 8 single rooms).

                            Invitations for titled players will be going out shortly. If you are a Canadian GM / IM / WGM and do not receive an email this month, it means I do not have your email address. Based on the number of inquiries already received from foreign titled players, we will have no difficulty in surpassing tournament requirements for the achievement of norms.

                            Canadian Open $50000 Prize Fund (based on 300 paid entries); $40000 Prize Fund guaranteed. Prize fund breakdown coming soon.

                            www.ssmchess.ca - Now also available in French.
                            Hi Andrew & Roman:

                            I believe I saw somewhere that you and Roman hoped to be able to post the CO Pre-registration list somewhere around the end of April.

                            I went to the website but couldn't find it.......I've been asked by some other registered players here in Toronto, about this.

                            Do you yet have a new target date for first posting the pre-regs? I know it is early yet, but you both know how chess players are always chomping at the bit.....might save you receiving some e-mails if you post a new target date?

                            Thanks.

                            Bob A (Already registered and have a community college residence room! Looking forward to the big event!)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2017 CYCC & Canadian Open - ssmchess.ca

                              Bob,

                              We're planning to post as soon as we receive official confirmation from a few more of our invited players who have accepted and are obtaining visas or other required documents.

                              The current top seed among confirmed players is Ukrainian GM Andriy Vovk (2637 FIDE), who will also be giving a simul on the Friday evening before the tournament begins (after round 4 of the CYCC).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X