CFC President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC President

To the best of my knowledge there are two declared candidates for the position of CFC President, Eric Van Dusen and David lavin. Discuss.

Re: CFC President

The CFC is going to have a President?? You mean, like, a leader??

Comment

I attended the Eastern Ontario Chess Association Annual General Meeting.

Eric was the Secretary. He didn't show up. I believe that was anticipated as he gave prior notice to that effect. Evidently this wasn't unusual as, according to the Executive members who were there, he hadn't shown up for one single meeting that year (I believe they were held roughly every six weeks?). He ran for re-election, if I recall correctly, and lost by a wide margin.

I do not wish this to be construed that Eric did no work as Secretary. I have no idea if he did or didn't.

Aris Marghetis, Kevin Pacey, Tim Bouma and a few others who post here can correct my fact relaying (it is a bit fuzzy as AGMs generally put me to sleep ;-) ), but I am 99% certain I have relayed the main point accurately.

Is attending meetings an essential part of being on an Executive Team? Discuss. ;-)
      "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

He sounds absolutely perfect for the job!! :(
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Just as an additional piece of information, at the May 23 OCA AGM, Eric becaime Secretary. I don't know if he attended, nor whether he won by acclamation.

Bob

Comment

Eric was sitting next to me at the OCA AGM. He volunteered to be the secretary for the meeting, and borrowed my pen.

Comment

CFC President

Eric,

Are you a masochist?

Comment

Ken, I believe it is a prerequite for serving on the CFC Executive. I am not sure what CFC handbook section covers this, but checking the dictionary I see the following definition:

mas·och·ism (mās'ə-kĭz'əm)n.

1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
                2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
                3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.
                4. A willingness or tendency to serve on the Executive of the Chess Federation of Canada.

Comment

CFC Executive memberitis will be in the next DSM.

Comment

Oh, we can all relax. I have been told that my understanding of the situation is just wrong and I misconstrued what had been said at the meeting (or perhaps my brain incorrectly filled in the blanks). Eric did indeed attend at least one EOCA Executive meeting. My apologies. Whew.
                    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

In addition to Eric's other character faults, he returned my pen, without even being asked. This clearly makes him unsuitable as a chess executive.

Comment

Is there anyone left to let go now? now that the CFC has no magazine, no office and employees?? is there a need for a president anymore?

Comment

What has David Lavin's track record been so far.
                          Kill the Magazine, Dump the Building , change the office staff but has he brought in anything new to the CFC?

Comment

GL 6 is in the hands of the Governors.

Comment

CFC President

I have been waiting for two or three of our whiners and carpers to step up and offer to help the CFC. I understand that the constant complaints mean that these people know better what should be done. They, of course, have many ideas about how to improve the CFC. They know exactly what has been done and not done, so they would be the most qualified to help the CFC.

Let's see them in action.

Comment

Working...
                              X