Seniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seniors

Enough about the kids. What about us Seniors?
    Is there going to be a Canadian Seniors Championship?
    I know I heard about one somewhere, but my memory! :(

LOL, nudge nudge....people are asking.

Re: Seniors

The BC Senior Championship will take place in Victoria 16-18 June. Everyone is welcome.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      Enough about the kids. What about us Seniors?
      Is there going to be a Canadian Seniors Championship?
      I know I heard about one somewhere, but my memory! :(

LOL, nudge nudge....people are asking.
      Get in touch with Hal. It's part of the Kitchener Chess Festival on the long weekend in August.

Comment

Not wanting to start a new thread over a small unrelated matter, Bob G., perhaps here is as good a place as any to mention a slight error in the RA Spring Thaw Section 'A' Single Round-Robin X-table on the CFC website (rated just today). I drew Dusan Simic (player #6), rather than losing to John Upper (player #1), whom I beat in the only game I played with him. In other words, I finished with 2.5 (not 2.0).

P.S.: I cannot recall what happened in the Upper vs. Keller game; that accounts for another glitch in the X-table I noticed just now.

P.P.S.: Also, Keller is actually spelled Kellar. That could account for why there are only 2 events for Keller, when I know he's played tons more. Sorry, I guess I should have begun a seperate thread. Here's the X-table in question:

http://chess.ca/crosstable?tournamen...040&key=170510
        Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Wednesday, 10th May, 2017, 08:34 PM. Reason: Adding X-table link
        Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
        Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
          Not wanting to start a new thread over a small unrelated matter, Bob G., perhaps here is as good a place as any to mention a slight error in the RA Spring Thaw Section 'A' Single Round-Robin X-table on the CFC website (rated just today). I drew Dusan Simic (player #6), rather than losing to John Upper (player #1), whom I beat in the only game I played with him. In other words, I finished with 2.5 (not 2.0).

P.S.: I cannot recall what happened in the Upper vs. Keller game; that accounts for another glitch in the X-table I noticed just now.

P.P.S.: Also, Keller is actually spelled Kellar. That could account for why there are only 2 events for Keller, when I know he's played tons more. Sorry, I guess I should have begun a seperate thread. Here's the X-table in question:

http://chess.ca/crosstable?tournamen...040&key=170510
          Thanks Kevin for advising me of errors.
          I have emailed Bill to take a look at it.

FYI for everyone - the better way to follow up on errors is to first contact the TD directly.
          If that is not possible, then email the CFC office.

Comment

Working...
          X