Handbook and rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Handbook and rules

When I organized the 2016 Women's Zonal I had a $2000 prize fund guaranteed & offered room and board for the champion. I thought what I was doing was as low as the CFC could go in the women's program after four years of nothing at that level.

The 2017 Zonal, with no conditions to GMs & IMs, takes the dysfunction between elite players and CFC/organizers to whole new level for Canada.

However, we need to send somebody to Georgia to play in the World Cup starting September 2, 2017.

Comment

Re: Handbook and rules

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
      I agree with you, Paul. Indeed, this motion put some strict conditions on the organizer. From Vlad's posts I understand that Vlad initially didn't like this rule; he just "inherited" it as a CFC president.

At the same time I don't agree that this rule is just a recommendation. I believe, the organizers followed this rule all 3 times since 2009 (2011, 2012, 2015).

If Vlad was so unhappy with this rule he had plenty of time to cancel it.
      I am not unhappy with these rules. I just can't find anyone aside from Hal Bond, the FQE and the Ottawa area organizers able and willing to organize tournaments under these conditions. At some point I will probably put forward a bid and honour these conditions (assuming I can obtain sponsors) but it won't be this year or likely next since Bob Gillanders has expressed interest and it should be in the Toronto GTA region. I doubt that I could organize sponsors outside of Windsor.

He is a CFC president almost 4 years; there were more than 10 on-line governor's meetings under his presidentship. Since we have 7 executives among about 30 active voting members, and some of voting members are organizers themselves, Vlad's chances to cancel this rule were extremely high. He just didn't care to do it.

Usually we have 7-8 IMs in the Canadian Closed. 8 X 150 = 1200 CAD. Most of Canadian GM live in Montreal, likely no more than 2 players (including the champion T.Krnan) need the accommodation. Say, you need 400 CAD for 5 days/person. 400 X 2 = 800. 1200 + 800 = 2000 CAD. Maximum, probably less.

Is 2000 CAD a good reason to break rules? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
      X