Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    My views on drugs including marijuana tend towards the libertarian which is that they need to be legalized
    No, actually, you don't get to rabidly worship Trump, the man who appointed Jeff Sessions as AG, and then claim to be libertarian on drugs. You're a hypocrite of the highest magnitude imaginable.

Clinton's platform including the following drug reform policy:

Today in America, more than one out of every 100 adults is behind bars. This mass incarceration epidemic has an explicit racial bias, as one in three black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime. A significant number of those incarcerated are held for low-level, nonviolent offenses. We must end the era of mass incarceration by:

Reforming mandatory minimum sentencing. Excessive federal mandatory minimum sentences keep nonviolent drug offenders in prison for too long—and have increased racial inequality in our criminal justice system. Hillary will reform this system by:

-Cutting mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent drug offenses in half.
    -Allowing current nonviolent prisoners to seek fairer sentences.
    -Eliminating the sentencing disparity for crack and powder cocaine so that equal amounts of crack and powder cocaine carry equal sentences, and applying this change retroactively.
    -Reforming the “strike” system, so that nonviolent drug offenses no longer count as a “strike,” reducing the mandatory penalty for second- and third-strike offenses.

Focusing federal enforcement resources on violent crime, not simple marijuana possession. Marijuana arrests, including for simple possession, account for a large number of drug arrests. Significant racial disparities exist in marijuana enforcement—black men are significantly more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than their white counterparts, despite the fact that their usage rates are similar. Hillary will allow states that have enacted marijuana laws to act as laboratories of democracy and reschedule marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II substance.
    Not a panacea by any means, but a step in the right direction. Trump had no such policy proposals, obviously, and has actually appointed, as Attorney General, an imbecile who has amped up and sentences for low-level drug offenses.

You now get one post, per day, in which I take something idiotic you say and point out your stupidity for everyone to laugh at. No more. This was your post for today. I hope you enjoyed it.
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
      Hey Ben wassup yo?

Why you playin' this fool? That dumb ass clown is nothing but an elitist ...white elitist at that.
      Where I live, Drkulec's zealous idol worship of Trump is not just a wild position held by extremists but the wholehearted conviction of a sizable minority. And it harms people. Trump harms people. The propagation of the view that Trump is good harms people. It is important to speak up against that which harms others.

I'm curious, by the end of Obama's democratic tenure how do you with deal with the appalling inner city poverty of African Americans?
      Four things:

1. You can't always accurately judge a President's performance by looking at his numbers on a macro-scale. Obama's tenure was during a recession, whose onset you surely can't blame on him. Maybe you blame Bush 43, maybe you blame Clinton 42, if you're a sensible person you probably blame both to some degree; but you can't reasonably blame the Obama administration for the fact that he had to tenure during a recession. America was already bleeding jobs when he took over. Obama took over a country with a lot of negative momentum. Over the course of eight years, he managed to right the ship in at least some ways.

2. Social equality is more important than economic stability, at an incremental level. People act like under Democrats the economy is a fucking mess. It's fine. You have rich jokers like Belzberg complaining, but trust me, he's doing fine. What's not fine is the rate of social reform under Republicans.

3. My ideal solution to widespread poverty is universal basic income, and almost a Lochner era right to contract. Democrats don't agree with me on the right to contract, but they're starting to get the universal basic income part down. It's at least a step in the right direction.

4. Don't you think people know what's best for themselves? Black people, by and large, think the Democrats improve their lives more than Republicans do. This is based on their own valuations of their own lives. Who are you to doubt those valuations?
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
        Anyways i don't believe you want a legitimate discussion, you just want to goad people into getting angry so I am perfectly content not to discuss these things with you any further.

So let me understand.
        [rants for a while the next morning]
        Better luck next time.

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani
          "rants for a while the next morning"
          Ben of course is too cowardly to include in my quote what I actually said and instead misquotes as "rants for a while next morning". It cuts to the heart of his whole thesis that those that have different priorities then his agenda when choosing which candidate to vote for are labeled as "Ignorant, obstinate and unwoke".
          Of course that is typical of the fascist like mentality of many young democrats in the United States that no longer want to allow free speech or independent thought as evidenced by conservative speakers being prevented from speaking at University campuses. Tom O'Donnell pointed out an article about how Jews were thrown out of a LGBT parade for dare showing the Star of David on a rainbow-banner while "Palestinian" flags are completely acceptable. That fits well into the MO of the fascist anti Israel Democratic party.
          Here is what I actually said
          Originally posted by Sid Belzberg
          So let me understand.
          I don't support the Democratic party for the following reasons
          1)They have betrayed Israel to Iran and to the UN that declares Israel is an apartheid genocidal state.
          2)The performance of the economy sucked for eight years and the last six months economically speaking has been a breath of fresh air.
          3)The candidate Clinton was a documented powerful crook who's tentacles reached all the way to the DOJ.
          4)The issues raised with people of color all occurred under Obama's watch....
          But somehow even the above issues, especially number 2 that is of great import to all Americans somehow makes us all inferior because our priorities should be what Daswani says? I don't like the BLM movement because of their Anti Israel stance but I am supposed to ignore that because Daswani says so. I am supposed to look the other way as Islamic terrorists slaughter my brethren but in Daswani's world i am supposed to ignore that, I am evil because the priorities that are close to home for me do not match Daswani's. For not moving from this Daswani labels me Ignorant obstinate and unwoke" so Mr Daswani where does that leave you?? I would say at a minimum intolerant of others, something you so smugly imply you are trying to dedicate your life to fighting. You talk about youth. I dare say you are the poster child for the hubris of youth.
          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 28th June, 2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
            No, actually, you don't get to rabidly worship Trump, the man who appointed Jeff Sessions as AG, and then claim to be libertarian on drugs. You're a hypocrite of the highest magnitude imaginable.
            You are an idiotic troll. I get to do whatever I want. I am pretty sure that I have mentioned this before on Chesstalk. It seems pretty silly to spend $50,000 a year to keep drug addicts in prison. It would be cheaper to make a deal with the growers and supply them with drugs at a wholesale price and take away the incentive to crime.

Drug policy would not have been a deciding factor for me if I had a vote in the U.S. election.

I don't live in the U.S. I don't rabidly worship Trump. I correctly predicted Trump would win after the first debate which earned me similar scorn to what most Trump watchers who predicted the results of the election correctly got. Trump was a lot closer to my ideal candidate than Hillary was though he was far from my ideal candidate. He is bombastic. He is a great persuader.

Clinton's platform including the following drug reform policy:
            If Clinton were the anti-Christ she couldn't have been a worse candidate.
            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 28th June, 2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Of course that is typical of the fascist like mentality of many young democrats in the United States that no longer want to allow free speech or independent thought
              Yes, thinking you're ignorant and not wanting to discuss something anymore is fascist--the very definition of fascism.

That fits well into the MO of the fascist anti Israel Democratic party.

Comment

Yes, thinking you're ignorant and not wanting to discuss something anymore is fascist--the very definition of fascism.
                And so says the supporter of BLM and other antisemetic groups.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhGYo9TExU

Zarflax 2076
                  Last edited by Tom O'Donnell; Wednesday, 28th June, 2017, 05:03 PM.
                  "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

What do you guys think about this latest health care bill? From what I understand, it kind of seems like a product of Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                      Could not have said it better myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                        Who are these people? I never come across people like that. What I do come across is conservatives like Belzberg who randomly call people fascists for disagreeing with them or disliking their views.

Comment

Could not have said it better myself!
                          Right on the mark! The video, i.e.

Comment

Where I live, Drkulec's zealous idol worship of Trump is not just a wild position held by extremists but the wholehearted conviction of a sizable minority. And it harms people. Trump harms people. The propagation of the view that Trump is good harms people. It is important to speak up against that which harms others.

Four things:

1. You can't always accurately judge a President's performance by looking at his numbers on a macro-scale. Obama's tenure was during a recession, whose onset you surely can't blame on him. Maybe you blame Bush 43, maybe you blame Clinton 42, if you're a sensible person you probably blame both to some degree; but you can't reasonably blame the Obama administration for the fact that he had to tenure during a recession. America was already bleeding jobs when he took over. Obama took over a country with a lot of negative momentum. Over the course of eight years, he managed to right the ship in at least some ways.

2. Social equality is more important than economic stability, at an incremental level. People act like under Democrats the economy is a fucking mess. It's fine. You have rich jokers like Belzberg complaining, but trust me, he's doing fine. What's not fine is the rate of social reform under Republicans.

3. My ideal solution to widespread poverty is universal basic income, and almost a Lochner era right to contract. Democrats don't agree with me on the right to contract, but they're starting to get the universal basic income part down. It's at least a step in the right direction.

4. Don't you think people know what's best for themselves? Black people, by and large, think the Democrats improve their lives more than Republicans do. This is based on their own valuations of their own lives. Who are you to doubt those valuations?
                            Thanks for the reply, Ben. FWIW, you can't rebuke a fool.

Who am I to doubt those valuations? Just a concerned citizen of the world, that's all. I was shocked as most folks were (those of us who care) to see such declines for African Americans during Obama's tenure. And most of those cities have controlled by Dems for years on end ... propaganda after propaganda on end. It must be rather difficult to make an informed/rational decision when under such control. The control is directly proportional to their decline as evidenced in the links I cited ...and there's too many more of those. But perhaps this is more of a State control?

Will Dr. Ben Carson make a change? I doubt it, but he is well aware of the issues. That kind of change has to come from within. Apparently, Carson's plan is to help enable that change with government and private financial support.

I'm willing to give him a chance.

BTW, my first direct encounter with Black America and American racial divide in general was when I decided to jump into the fray for the Jena Six.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jena_Six

I had the honor of creating a graphic for the NAACP ...what an eye-opening experience! My graphic was so jarring (even to me) that within 1 minute after I clicked Send ...I was on the phone to them asking if I had gone to far!!!

Fast forward, all the Black inner city rappers and hip hop artist I've had the great honor of doing graphics for (call me Fam!) has allowed me to participate in their world through their eyes! I keep in touch on a weekly basis, and during early stages of design on a daily basis. Some have my work tattooed! My latest art work honors a crew member that was shot dead ...I used the 'n' word as the major graphic element of the cover art.

Ya, I know a little of that world.

Do I think Dr. Ben Carson can help? I'm willing to give him a chance.

peace.
                            n.
                            Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 30th June, 2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                              Right on the mark! The video, i.e.
                              Agreed, right on the mark. Elucidates why conservatives often think they're so smart; they're debating straw men.

Here are a sample of the comments in favor of the video:

Why are nazi uniforms so damn sexy?
                              I gotta admit, the Nazi's had a pretty good looking outfit.
                              When I grow up I want to be a Kekistani insurgent
                              From the first page alone. Y'all are in some great company.

Comment

Agreed, right on the mark. Elucidates why conservatives often think they're so smart; they're debating straw men.

Here are a sample of the comments in favor of the video:

From the first page alone. Y'all are in some great company.
                                You're so easy! Unlike others in this thread, I won't get into the back and forth. Bye! Bye!

Comment

Working...
                                X