Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duct Cleaning Services

Anyone want their ducts cleaned?

This telemarketer guy calls the CFC phone on a regular basis. Do I want my ducts cleaned?
    I say no thanks. He keeps calling. This has been going on for a while.
    Sometimes I am polite, say no and hang up, sometimes no so polite, sometimes I curse and swear at him.
    Sometimes i string him along with silly answers, sometimes I give him the silent treatment.

It's all so stupid and a waste of time. My question is, why would he simply cross my name off his call list?
    Why keep calling? What am I missing? Is this guy simply stupid?

Re: Duct Cleaning Services

Some of these telemarketing companies use computerized solicitation lists; i.e. an app on their LAN/desktop initiates a call, the telemarketer does the spiel, the call terminates, the app initiates the next call. The telemarketer's job performance rating isn't determined by doing good deeds, like removing your number from the solicitation list. Sorry. Your phone service provider gets paid for allowing these people to harass you. Tell them you want a cut of the action or you're going to file a complaint with the regulator. :)

Duct makes me think of duck which makes me think of Donald Duck which makes me think of Donald Trump. This just in: Trump is a jerk!!
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      Anyone want their ducts cleaned?
      Want or need? Drkulec could sure use a cleaning of the ducts between his ears...
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Duct Cleaning Services

June 21, 2017

I have a forced air furnace but I tell the guy I have radiators and he has lessened his calls to once a month now.

Comment

I'v often said that my ducks are clean; I washed them this morning. Also did my chickens and goats too!

Comment

Hi bob ;
            Do as one of my seniors does. She says" You clean Ducks? Yes I need your services to clean a pile of Goose shit in my back yard. When can you come and by the way Premier Kathleen Winne needs her ducks at Queens Park washed as there is lots of bull shit going on there."

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
              Want or need? Drkulec could sure use a cleaning of the ducts between his ears...
              Don't you have some rapists and murderers to spring from prison? Its nice to know that I continue to command so much of your attention.

Your democrats are getting really used to losing. I think they need to put you in charge of their messaging if they want to lose even more. Since the Georgia race was supposed to be a referendum on Trump, I guess the voters in suburban highly educated areas are still pro-Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                Hi bob ;
                Do as one of my seniors does. She says" You clean Ducks? Yes I need your services to clean a pile of Goose shit in my back yard. When can you come and by the way Premier Kathleen Winne needs her ducks at Queens Park washed as there is lots of bull shit going on there."
                Hi John,
                I have had numerous discussions stringing this guy along: once I asked how much for my Guinea Pig?.
                They always ask: How many bedrooms on the top floor? My answers have ranged from 0 to 25.
                I've told them I don't have any ducts, just had their 10 year cleaning, there is no top floor, etc etc etc
                It is obvious there is no incentive to delete me from the call list.
                I even wrote my MP. No response. Even they don't want to tackle this issue.
                It is similar to the junk mail problem.

Comment

Hi John,
                  I have had numerous discussions stringing this guy along: once I asked how much for my Guinea Pig?.
                  They always ask: How many bedrooms on the top floor? My answers have ranged from 0 to 25.
                  I've told them I don't have any ducts, just had their 10 year cleaning, there is no top floor, etc etc etc
                  I tried blocking the incoming number (my home phone system has such a feature)
                  but it is obvious they use fabricated or spoofed phone numbers and they just pretend
                  to call from another random number the next time around...

This is going to be reason enough to completely ditch my home phone forever.
                  I *think* there is some regulation that they cannot blind call cell numbers but that
                  doesn't seem to stop me getting the odd call on my cell with a recording that I have
                  won a cruise or some hotel package... thankfully, those morons are not as persistent
                  as the duct cleaners.

I have been tempted to schedule the duct cleaning and then just not be at home when
                  they show up. Or borrow a hungry rottweiler or 3 for the occasion.
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                    I tried blocking the incoming number (my home phone system has such a feature)
                    but it is obvious they use fabricated or spoofed phone numbers and they just pretend
                    to call from another random number the next time around...

This is going to be reason enough to completely ditch my home phone forever.
                    I *think* there is some regulation that they cannot blind call cell numbers but that
                    doesn't seem to stop me getting the odd call on my cell with a recording that I have
                    won a cruise or some hotel package... thankfully, those morons are not as persistent
                    as the duct cleaners.

I have been tempted to schedule the duct cleaning and then just not be at home when
                    they show up. Or borrow a hungry rottweiler or 3 for the occasion.
                    You should resist the temptation....they'll probably charge you for the call-out!
                    Fred Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by fred harvey View Post
                      You should resist the temptation....they'll probably charge you for the call-out!
                      I would not give them any credit card info (of course) and it might be worth the sort of battle you are suggesting might happen...
                      I could clean my own ducts with all the billing letters they would send me.
                      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re : Re: Duct Cleaning Services

Originally posted by fred harvey View Post
                        An interesting article from CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/offsho...says-1.1352453

Comment

Hi John,
                          Hi Bob:

You could always get Lenny to answer the calls for you:

http://nationalpost.com/news/politic...b-2118eb7bc093

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcCa...ature=youtu.be

You can hear the ducks around the 6 minute mark.
                          Last edited by Steve Douglas; Thursday, 22nd June, 2017, 12:02 PM. Reason: duck cleaning

Comment

You could also ask all Telemarketers if they have a credit card. You can say as soon as they start their speech " Hold ON!! Do you have a credit Card? I charge by the minute to listen so until I get your Credit Number I cannot continue"
                            They usually hang up.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                              They usually hang up.
                              I hang up when they start their speech. The wife even does not bother - all calls go to answering machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X