attn Brad Thomson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attn Brad Thomson

I tried to send you a private message, but this board says you "have chosen to not allow private messages OR you are not allowed to receive private messages"...

IF you are interested in what I was sending to you, please contact me at kerryliles AT gmail.com
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Re: attn Brad Thomson

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    I tried to send you a private message, but this board says you "have chosen to not allow private messages OR you are not allowed to receive private messages"...

IF you are interested in what I was sending to you, please contact me at kerryliles AT gmail.com
    Hi Kerry. Brad's member page says he's been banned. I assume that means he's kaputsky as far as any chesstalk services go. I suppose he can still access chesstalk on a view-only basis so I'd like to say something to him, too, in case he didn't see the last post I made:

Brad, I read all of your chess & math posts and I'm very sorry that you had to go through those negative experiences. I hope your life without chess & math will be much happier.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      Hi Kerry. Brad's member page says he's been banned. I assume that means he's kaputsky as far as any chesstalk services go. I suppose he can still access chesstalk on a view-only basis so I'd like to say something to him, too, in case he didn't see the last post I made:

Brad, I read all of your chess & math posts and I'm very sorry that you had to go through those negative experiences. I hope your life without chess & math will be much happier.
      Oh, I didn't notice the banned part... I can see the sense of banning *some* people on here
      but banning him for posting his experiences at chess & math seems vindictive and perhaps
      validates much of what he was saying. I had a feeling the posts might 'disappear' - it took
      longer than I thought...

Comment

Any company would have banned a former employee for posting that sort of material on a discussion group owned by the company.

Comment

Oh, I didn't notice the banned part... I can see the sense of banning *some* people on here
          but banning him for posting his experiences at chess & math seems vindictive and perhaps
          validates much of what he was saying. I had a feeling the posts might 'disappear' - it took
          longer than I thought...
          Anyone who really wanted the posts would have printed them in any event, no??

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
            Anyone who really wanted the posts would have printed them in any event, no??
            Indeed. An alternative to printing is copy the text into a document... (this is what I did).
            In any case, this is all moot now.

Comment

Kerry, you are correct in noting that by and large the majority of the postings on this site are putrid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                Kerry, you are correct in noting that by and large the majority of the postings on this site are putrid.
                And yet, eighteen years later, here we all are. :(
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                  And yet, eighteen years later, here we all are. :(
                  Exactly. It is similar to panning for gold - occasional nuggets can be found, but there is an amazing amount of crap.

Comment

Exactly. It is similar to panning for gold - occasional nuggets can be found, but there is an amazing amount of crap.
                    Good analogy! Chesstalk is also like chess in that it's addictive. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X