Congratulations to Razvan Preotu and Aman Hambleton for winning Canadian Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to Razvan Preotu and Aman Hambleton for winning Canadian Open

Did I call it right? Co winners!? and a GM norm for Aman! - or am I being too optimistic?

Re: Congratulations to Razvan Preotu and Aman Hambleton for winning Canadian Open

If I understand the new title regulations correctly there was no GM norm - the average of Aman's opponents was 2361, but the minimum required for a GM norm is 2380.

Comment

Re: Congratulations to Razvan Preotu and Aman Hambleton for winning Canadian Open

Congrats to co-winners.

No tie-break blitz armageddon?

Execs should add 20 points to these players for Olympiad selection :)

Comment

I would like to add my congratulations to Razvan and Aman. Also to Bator and Nikolay for their victory in the Canadian Closed.
        Again I was disappointed that not one member of our Olympiad Team showed up to support either of these events. Perhaps in future the CFC should make that a condition of receiving funding to attend the Olympiad.
        Paul Leblanc
        Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
          I was disappointed that not one member of our Olympiad Team showed up to support either of these events.
          Alexandre Le Siege played in the Zonal, but he was the only one of the 10 Olympiad players who did.

Both of the Olympiad Captains - Victor and Aman -- played in both!

Comment

Working...
          X