• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vadim Tsypin
    replied
    Re: Boris Spassky: "My meeting with Bohatirchuk was a gift of fate"

Originally posted by Gordon Taylor View Post
    Thanks for this. The translation is far from perfect but is quite readable. Fascinating material!
    My pleasure, Gordon.

Yes, it is frustrating that translation is inconsistent (same group of words rendered differently in different context) and sometimes downright weird, but I still marvel at how good it is, compared even with the beginning of the century. I believe it's not simply a matter of bigger linguistic corpus or processor speed, Google obviously uses some type of a self-learning AI here. Now and then, I even venture to use Google Translate to access news in Mandarin, it's a very humbling exercise. :-)

Back in 2013, I tried to find online the two-volume biography of Dr. Bohatirchuk that is referred to in the article, but to no avail. Unable to find it now, either.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Taylor
    replied
    Re: Boris Spassky: "My meeting with Bohatirchuk was a gift of fate"

Thanks for this. The translation is far from perfect but is quite readable. Fascinating material!

Leave a comment:

• Vadim Tsypin
    started a topic Boris Spassky: "My meeting with Bohatirchuk was a gift of fate"

Boris Spassky: "My meeting with Bohatirchuk was a gift of fate"

Machine translation quality has improved dramatically during the last decade. This allows to re-discover hidden gems that were published earlier in languages other than English. I'm pleased to offer a very coherent translation of a 2013 interview where Yuri Averbakh and Boris Spassky reminisce about Dr. Fedor Bohatirchuk.
Working...
X