Egidijus Zeromskis : problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egidijus Zeromskis : problem

In a tournament budget with a dozen moving parts, it's not practical to allocate play-up fees to a specific expense.
    Once the ball starts rolling it's usually too late to start tinkering with the prize fund.
    Suffice to say that play-up fees are part of the total revenue that off-sets total expenses. If the planning is accurate, the organizer will break even or have a surplus that can be applied to future events.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

The word 'open' is grossly misused when it comes to chess in Canada and in the US.

'Open' by itself doesn't mean opened to everyone. It just means that people from outside the club, city, province or country can register. After that, you can add all kinds of requirements for your 'open' tournament, such as a minimal rating. Which is a great idea. We know a 1300 player will never win the Canadian Open, so there's no point in letting him play in the 'open' section.

In most major sports, the word 'Open' refers to the definition I gave above. But yeah, I guess chess players are sometimes anal about definitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
        The word 'open' is grossly misused when it comes to chess in Canada and in the US.

'Open' by itself doesn't mean opened to everyone. It just means that people from outside the club, city, province or country can register. After that, you can add all kinds of requirements for your 'open' tournament, such as a minimal rating. Which is a great idea. We know a 1300 player will never win the Canadian Open, so there's no point in letting him play in the 'open' section.

In most major sports, the word 'Open' refers to the definition I gave above. But yeah, I guess chess players are sometimes anal about definitions.
        Totally wrong.
        Take a look at www.chesstour.com/getmost.html and www.vegaschessfestival.com/national-open/

Comment

Working...
        X