Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mac vs PC if using chessbase??????

Originally posted by Sanjiv Kalra View Post
    I am thinking of moving to Mac from PC. Does chessbase work on Mac. Does anyone use chess softwares on Mac or know of someone who does that?
    1. You can still use Chessbase with a software that can make you run Win, e.g. Parallels. Mac is Intel inside.

2. You can run Scid, v. scid.sourceforge.net ; beware that it's freeware, you might only get the service you're paying for, but the community is helpful ;-)

Comment

Try Witch :

http://manytricks.com/witch/

Comment

Talking about problems with PC. I finally decided to buy a PC. Its my second day of owning it and I have spent over 5 hrs trying to undo something I had done, and still have not been able to do it. Any help in this would be appreciated.
        I was trying to opne a zip file and accidentally or ignorantly I pressed open with chessbase, which was wrong. Now I cannot find the default windows program that actually opens zip files. I am completely lost and frustated. I also tried to downlaod twic files for chessbase and they do not open in vista so i had to go to my old xp pc and download them there and upload in the new pc...its a F@#$&(G nightmare trying to open these zip files, even the windows website has no information on how to restore the original settings....

Comment

I was trying to opne a zip file and accidentally or ignorantly I pressed open with chessbase, which was wrong. Now I cannot find the default windows program that actually opens zip files.
          try your right mouse click & "Open with"
          install winrar, winzip, or some other dedicated achiving program.

Comment

Talking about problems with PC. I finally decided to buy a PC. Its my second day of owning it and I have spent over 5 hrs trying to undo something I had done, and still have not been able to do it. Any help in this would be appreciated.
            I was trying to opne a zip file and accidentally or ignorantly I pressed open with chessbase, which was wrong. Now I cannot find the default windows program that actually opens zip files. I am completely lost and frustated. I also tried to downlaod twic files for chessbase and they do not open in vista so i had to go to my old xp pc and download them there and upload in the new pc...its a F@#$&(G nightmare trying to open these zip files, even the windows website has no information on how to restore the original settings....
            Hi Sanjiv, I hope I understand what you are saying ... how about right-clicking on the file, and using "Open With" to change the default program. Is unzip in that default list?

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
              Hi Sanjiv, I hope I understand what you are saying ... how about right-clicking on the file, and using "Open With" to change the default program. Is unzip in that default list?
              That was the first thing I did and could not find the unzip program. I do not want to download winzip or winrar. As these have to be paid for or they keep asking you select evaluation copy every time you sue them.
              Also does anyone know how to download twic from the chess this week website in vista???

Comment

Working...
              X