Strategy Games will have a booth at the CYCC and the 2018 Canadian Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy Games will have a booth at the CYCC and the 2018 Canadian Open!

Strategy Games is owned and operated by the Chess'n Math Association, Canada's National Scholastic Chess Organization. A non profit organization founded in 1985, when you buy from us, you are contributing to chess in Canadian schools!

Go to our website:

Why we do what we do: www.chess-math.org

The retail arm of our organisation: www.strategygames.ca

Because we are the official sponsors of the CFC (We pay the CFC $5,000 a year for the rights) , we are pleased to announce that we will be the exclusive vendors at both of these events!

Here is our schedule:

July 3 & 4, 2018

July 7, 8 and 14, 2018

If you have special requests please send me an e-mail: bevand at chess-math dot org or call me at 514-845-8352

Two great events on the Canadian Chess Calendar!

See you in Quebec City!

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Bevand; Tuesday, 19th June, 2018, 05:29 PM.

The 2018 CYCC is set to establish an attendance record!

Congrats to the FQE for putting together such a great event! !

If you need something, just send me an e-mail as I will be on-site July 3 & 4.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post

Thanks Larry! It's great to have the CMA kiosk during both events.

As of the CYCC rating freeze date June 22, we have 74 players in Girls and 265 in Open, for a total of 339 participants, and there are more registrations coming in this week.
      Last edited by Dark Knight; Wednesday, 27th June, 2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Are any girls registered for the Open?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
          Are any girls registered for the Open?
          Hello Hugh,

There never are - because the official player slots for World Youth / World Cadets are on the line. This is one of the rules in the Handbook that rightfully remain in force.

"708. Entries.
          [...]
          CFC policy on playing up in an older section of the CYCC as articulated by then CFC youth coordinator Patrick McDonald February 2012:

If someone wants to play in an age category older than the one they qualify for, they can do so.

BUT: if they win a spot in a certain age category to play at the WYCC, that is the age category that we are willing to send them to the WYCC in.

IE: if one player who is 9 years old, wishes to play in the U14 section at the CYCC, and if they win a spot to go to the WYCC, the only age category that Canada will send them to the WYCC in is the U14 section.

The same would go for girls that would like to play in the open section for their age group (or older) ... if a girl plays in the open section and wins a spot to go to the WYCC, then the only section that Canada will send them to the WYCC in is the section that they qualified in at the CYCC
          ."

Comment

What is rating freeze date for Canadian Open? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Starks View Post
              What is rating freeze date for Canadian Open? Thank you.
              Hello Alex,

It is 23:59 on July 01, i.e. the day after the FIDE July rating list is published. All FIDE/CFC ratings for foreign players and Canadians living outside Quebec and FQE ratings for residents of Quebec will be frozen at this moment. However, please note that, for obvious reasons, the actual CO tournament files won't be updated until the CYCC completes. Everythig shall be up-to-date online by EOD July 06.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post

If you need something, just send me an e-mail as I will be on-site July 3 & 4.

Larry
                Strategy Games (Chess'n Math) will have a booth for the last day of the Canadian Open on Saturday July 14, 2018. If you need something, please contact me at bevand at chess-math dot org by Friday evening.

Thanks,

Larry

Comment

Working...
                X