CYCC in Quebec City (July 2-5, 2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC in Quebec City (July 2-5, 2018)

There are 355 registered players so far, and registrations are still coming. A great success.

We are getting last-minute registrations non-stop. 363 players already.

Girls - 78, Open - 285 || Total - 363

The opening ceremony is tomorrow.

Comment

Hi,

how did Brandon Zhu of U18 open get a bye for the last round when he is tied for first with 4.5/6 at the moment??? Others below him could get the bye!!

seems suspicious, pls review

thanks!!!!

Comment

Judging by the crosstable - it's a zero-point bye.

Comment

Sorry does anyone know where/if I can find the games? Also, are the players mostly playing for first?

Comment

There has been an organizer protocol for some tournaments (If I recollect correctly) that disallowed a player failing to play the last round (Which is effectively a withdrawal after the penultimate round) from winning a prize. To win the prize, the tournament must be finished (Even though it appears ludicrous for the leader to come to the board in the last round, and immediately resign - this way the leader preserves his chances for a prize).

Is this a common protocol?

I assume it is not the organizers rule for the CYCC?

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Xu View Post
              Hi,

how did Brandon Zhu of U18 open get a bye for the last round when he is tied for first with 4.5/6 at the moment??? Others below him could get the bye!!

seems suspicious, pls review

thanks!!!!
              Looks more or less forced. Miller and Horner have wins by forfeit and are not eligible for a full-point bye, so someone in the top six has to receive the bye. Andrew playing Yoakim is fine. Brandon has played all the rest on 3.5 up except Michael, but if you pair them together William has no one to play from the same pool and would receive the bye. Brandon and Michael are both majorly due Black, therefore best is to pair William and Michael and give Brandon the bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post
                Sorry does anyone know where/if I can find the games? Also, are the players mostly playing for first?
                Assuming they are using NCR scoresheets - I (and others) will be entering them at some point, although it may take several weeks for everything to be entered.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Wright View Post

Looks more or less forced. Miller and Horner have wins by forfeit and are not eligible for a full-point bye, so someone in the top six has to receive the bye. Andrew playing Yoakim is fine. Brandon has played all the rest on 3.5 up except Michael, but if you pair them together William has no one to play from the same pool and would receive the bye. Brandon and Michael are both majorly due Black, therefore best is to pair William and Michael and give Brandon the bye.
                  I see, thanks

Comment

CYCC playoff info announced.

Comment

The list of the 2018 Canadian Youth champions and medalists is published.

Thanks to all volunteers, players, parents and officials for a successful and memorable event!

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
                        The list of the 2018 Canadian Youth champions and medalists is published.
                        Umm... where? The link you gave is to a previous ChessTalk thread.

Edit: oops, I had to scroll down. Sorry. I was expecting to find the list on the CYCC website.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post
                          Some of the games:

http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/regions/cl...club=&id=13572

Comment

The list of wonderful volunteers from all across Canada who made this record-breaking CYCC so successful.

Comment

Anywhere I can find the photo gallery for this CYCC?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X