Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping to Canada with UPS

HI,

Just wanted to share my experience with UPS. I have had several shipments with USPS (United States Postal Service). Never had a problem with extra charges, delivery or anything else. Completely satisfied. Then: on my last shipment UPS was a couple of bucks less, so I decided to go with them. When the shipment arrived there was a C.O.D. charge of around $39.00. This was on top of the charge paid through Leaf Only. I was not happy but I paid the extra. Somewhat later I received an invoice from UPS for an additional $67.00 for "customs & brokerage.
    I just thought it was to receipt for the extra charges I had already paid and chucked it. Now the are harrassing me for this additional charge. I so far have refused to pay.
    Needless to say I will never have further dealings with this company.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
    https://www.leafonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6190
    Online Video Studio

Thanks!

If you go to the link it details an incident from two years ago. It was a shipment of tobacco leaves ("Leaf Only") - nothing to do with chess. I would treat this thread as spam, and should be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      If you go to the link it details an incident from two years ago. It was a shipment of tobacco leaves ("Leaf Only") - nothing to do with chess. I would treat this thread as spam, and should be removed.
      When I used to order more things from the USA, esp. chess books, I would get charged a "duty" on some shipments > $25 and they would also add on some service charge.

Comment

You are not obligated to use the UPS brokerage service. You can ask the shipper to put in bold letters on all sides of the packages the sentence: "recipient will self-broker". Alternatively, you can call UPS BEFORE a broker is assigned to inform them that you will self-broker. I know the procedure for Montreal: you will need to go to UPS Lachine, no alternate UPS stores are possible because at that locations, CBSA agents guard your shipment until everything has been paid. UPS will give you a form that you take to the designated CBSA field office, also in Lachine,. You pay the fees directly to CBSA without a costly middlemen (the custom broker). CBSA will give you a proof of payment that you can bring to UPS Lachine to get your parcel. If you want it delivered to your door, you have nothing to do because CBSA will notify UPS.

UPS will not tell you that on its own.

Comment

Shipping via ups from the U.S. is almost always pretty random when it comes to the final cost.

Comment

You guys do realize you are talking to a spammer that named his account after the fictional superhero Hawkeye right?

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Stainer View Post
              You guys do realize you are talking to a spammer that named his account after the fictional superhero Hawkeye right?
              Alan Alda is a superhero?

Comment

Working...
              X