Merge the 2 forums...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merge the 2 forums...

Why not merge the forum in English with the one in French ??? ... We could address all the topics in one forum ... The posts are as interesting in English as in French and anyway with Google translate it is a matter of nothing to translate from one language to another and even those who speak Russian or Spanish or Mandarin could participate in the forum ???
    Aux Échecs, ce qui me dérange le plus,c'est lorsque mon adversaire réfléchit!!

A message to Henry....We can have all the framework of the forum in French as in English but .... It would be great to have a small tab that translates the content of the messages in English as in French ... An option in scripts and programming! ....
    Last edited by Pierre St-Onge; Sunday, 19th August, 2018, 10:43 PM.
    Aux Échecs, ce qui me dérange le plus,c'est lorsque mon adversaire réfléchit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre St-Onge View Post
      A message to Henry....We can have all the framework of the forum in French as in English but .... It would be great to have a small tab that translates the content of the messages in English as in French ... An option in scripts and programming! ....
      The forum is perfect as it is !! I am more concerned about having the FQE for Quebec and the Canadian Chess Federation for all the the other provinces.
      For me, this is unnecessary duplication, since Quebec cannot take part of any decision or vote with the Fide. In addition,
      the association between the FQE and AIDEF does not represent our Quebec citizens, do I live in France or Quebec ?
      I would rather be in the Canadian Chess Federation with a French representation.

Comment

The CFC is also part of AIDEF. This usually results in the ability to send two players (often from Quebec) to AIDEF events. The cost of membership in AIDEF is a very modest 100 Euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          The CFC is also part of AIDEF. This usually results in the ability to send two players (often from Quebec) to AIDEF events. The cost of membership in AIDEF is a very modest 100 Euros.
          With all due respect, I greatly appreciate the contribution that the Canadian Chess Federation has made to encourage Francophone players to participate in the Francophonie Tournament (AIDEF).

What I find sad is that FQE does not send our best players, giving them a chance to have a Master title or more. We saw in the last AIDEF tournaments, that we were often represented by low rated players, around 1400, where the decision of who participates seems more a FQE president choice ( who is always present at these tournaments ) being the right arm of the president of the AIDEF Mr.Van Hoolandt.

I am waiting for the day when we will be better represented in Quebec. A representative from Quebec (not France) associated with the Canadian federation would be an asset.
          I no longer see the need to have a FQE that does not represent me adequately, and also do not allow me to express myself in his Facebook page or on the blog that we had, before
          they change our website.

We lost democracy in Quebec, that's why my choice is the Canadian Chess Federation where i feel more respected as a francophone.

Comment

Working...
          X