I beat GM Jan Gustafsson in Banter Blitz #157 on chess24.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I beat GM Jan Gustafsson in Banter Blitz #157 on chess24.com

An egotistatical, yet humble brag from me for downing GM Jan Gustafsson in Banter Blitz #157. It's the first game of the show, starting at 2:48.

The chess24.com site rocks!

Well done Hugh. I like the way he tries to restart the show after you beat him.

Comment

Thanks Ian. I think it's because of you I started watching his banter blitzes, and subsequently becoming a premium member on chess24!

After our game, when he was referring to his next game as the 1st game of the day, I was confused. I thought our game hadn't aired or something, but then I rewound it to see what he did there :D

Comment

Very enjoyable!

"I am a chess grandmaster, in case you were wondering!"

Comment

Hey Hugh . You beat him like a rented mule. What an annoying person he is?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Evans View Post
            Hey Hugh . You beat him like a rented mule. What an annoying person he is?
            Hey Bill, being annoying is part of his 'shtick'. He is actually a very good blitz player. He was pranked by Magnus a couple of times when Magnus would sign on as a different user and crush him. But he likes to say 'I will crush you all'. He is a good opening theoretician and has many good opening videos on chess24.

Comment

I wouldn't watch his banter blitzes if I found him annoying. He's quite hilarious and understandably has a large following. Before our game he said "I want to see Chapacapacha, be shred to pieces, that's what I'm here for, I shall oblige". LOL

Comment

Yes, and on another episode, Jan said he liked your name. I forget what it means. Maybe you could enlighten us Hugh? I like watching Jan, especially when he does his 'Radio Jan' character. Peter Svidler gives the best Banter Blitz,since it is just like getting free lessons.

Comment

My username comes from part of a track from one of my favourite bands, Blur, in their song B.L.U.R.E.M.I. from their album "13". At 1:08 in the following youtube video that is what Damon Albarn is saying. At least that's what I think he's saying, I'm not entirely sure! Lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X