Makro advocates systemic corruption ahead of election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makro advocates systemic corruption ahead of election

From Kevin Spragett website: http://www.spraggettonchess.com/makr...d-of-election/

Annoying music starts playing when I open the link - that's one thing that makes me leave a web site immediately without going any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Annoying music starts playing when I open the link - that's one thing that makes me leave a web site immediately without going any further.
      For your edification I copied and pasted the article.

Makro advocates systemic corruption ahead of election

BY KEVINSPRAGGETTONCHESS · PUBLISHED AUGUST 24, 2018 · UPDATED AUGUST 24, 2018

African chess leaders expose Makro’s corruption

It has long been recognized that acting FIDE president Georgios Makropoulos has been trying every trick in the book to prevent a fair and democratic election from taking place on October 3rd at the FIDE Congress in Batumi.

Arbitrary travel subsidies, politically motivated appointments of cronies and allies in key positions on commissions, the surreptitious use of the Ethics Commission against political foes, … the list is long and ugly.

Naturally Makro’s most loyal supporters steadfastly refuse to acknowledge the systemic corruption and abuse that has become an essential part of Makro’s day to day leadership as he desperately struggles to maintain a firm hold on power.

This is beginning to change, however. Voices of protest are becoming louder and are making it more difficult to ignore. Earlier this week the popular African website ‘Africa Chess Media’ published an indepth article detailing the controversial arbiter appointments from Africa.

Many of these appointments have taken African chess by surprise, as they are contrary to the expressed wishes of African chess federations. Inquiries and protests have done little to shake the growing feeling that all of this is just one more round of politically calculated abuses aiming to improve Makro’s chances in the upcoming election in Batumi.

I recommend the readers to take a look at the entire article (link) and to make up his own mind. I also would like to point out that this same systemic corruption is taking place on every continent and is all part of Makro’s masterplan to subvert the upcoming FIDE election on October 3rd.
      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 4th September, 2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
        In most browsers you can mute the music in the tab, but I agree Spraggett has a real 90's website but occasionally he does report something interesting. Still waiting for his blockbuster report on Canadian Chess and the CFC etc etc. Yada Yada.
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I really fail to see how arbiter selection for the Olympiad is going to help subvert the FIDE election.

Comment

I am pretty sure that Makro has nothing to do with Olympiad arbiter selection.

Comment

Working...
            X