Makro Bid Re FIDE "Ethics" Committee Excluding Dvorkovich From FIDE Election Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makro Bid Re FIDE "Ethics" Committee Excluding Dvorkovich From FIDE Election Fails

Ironically the very complaint that Makrapoulos submitted to the "Ethics" committee re the Serbia Chess Federation et al is precisely what he and Kirsan benefited from in the 2014 Chess federation. Namely influencing chess federations votes with disproportionate sponsorship rewards ie 80k FIDE-> CFC sponsorship (turned out to be 20k LOL!) Russian embassies political pressure etc.

The bad news is that the murderous Putin regime will probably have their boy win the election but the good news is that Short appears to to have some sort of coalition with Dvorkovich that will enable "cleanshands4fide" (Short's campaign) to clean up the terrible corruption that has plagued FIDE. If it comes to pass that Dvorkovich is off the presanctions US list and is sanctioned for real it may be possible for FIDE to finely be properly cleaned up for once and for all.

Despite Makropoulos leveling complaints against Israel and others only Serbia was affected and not in the form of a one year suspension as called for by Makrapoulos but simply be excluded from voting. On a separate note Carlsen has stated in Norway's main newspaper that he will not participate in playing in Saudi Arabia if they continue their antisemetic policy of precluding Jews and Israelis from participating. The fact that Pein and Makrapoulos continues to endorse Saudi Arabia and other venues that deliberately exclude chess players because of their ethnicity or where they are born is a direct affront to humanity and the spirit of what major sporting events such as the Olympics are about.

http://fide.com/images/stories/NEWS_...Federation.pdf
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 30th September, 2018, 10:33 AM.

Whoever wins the election, the CFC will work with them. I have good feelings about both Mr. Makropoulos and Mr. Dvorkovich. There are Canadians in Batumi campaigning for Mr. Dvorkovich though not in their official capacities. The CFC is voting for Mr. Makropoulos. Nigel Short is apparently still running though it is unclear what that means at this point. Mr. Short has made vague threats of sending a lawyer's letter over my comments (presumably on chesstalk). I look forward to seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      Whoever wins the election, the CFC will work with them. I have good feelings about both Mr. Makropoulos and Mr. Dvorkovich. There are Canadians in Batumi campaigning for Mr. Dvorkovich though not in their official capacities. The CFC is voting for Mr. Makropoulos. Nigel Short is apparently still running though it is unclear what that means at this point. Mr. Short has made vague threats of sending a lawyer's letter over my comments (presumably on chesstalk). I look forward to seeing it.
      I hope he follows through, I found your characterization of him as an anti Christian racist as particularly egregious, You based it on his comments about Welsley So praying to God for a victory where Nigel being an atheist basically suggested that in his opinion this was a foolish undertaking. This does not warrant comparisons to supporting a FIDE management that for decades has routinely held major chess tournaments in countries that ban people of Jewish ethnicity from participating You deserve all the opprobrium that your indiscreet and misrepresented comments invite.
      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 30th September, 2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

I hope he follows through, I found your characterization of him as an anti Christian racist as particularly egregious, You based it on his comments about Welsley So praying to God for a victory where Nigel being an atheist basically suggested that in his opinion this was a foolish undertaking. This does not warrant comparisons to supporting a FIDE management that for decades has routinely held major chess tournaments in countries that ban people of Jewish ethnicity from participating You deserve all the opprobrium that your indiscreet and misrepresented comments invite.

Sid, you are a liar. I called him anti-Christian and anti-theist and sexist. I think it will not be difficult to defend that view given his articles and quotes from books that I have. I never said racist as I have not seen any examples of racism from him and have seen indications that he is not racist at all. Even if he were to win it would be a pyrrhic victory.

Comment

Sid, you are a liar. I called him anti-Christian and anti-theist and sexist. I think it will not be difficult to defend that view given his articles and quotes from books that I have. I never said racist as I have not seen any examples of racism from him and have seen indications that he is not racist at all. Even if he were to win it would be a pyrrhic victory.
          You just proved my point, believing that praying to God for a chess victory serves no useful purpose does not imply anti-christian. The discussion was based on the current FIDE administration consistently holding major tournaments in venues that exclude players based on being Jewish. You tried to present an argument of moral equivalence by suggesting that Nigel has a problem with an entire group of people (antichristian) because Short believes that praying to God for a chess victory serves no useful purpose. In other words you tried to position Nigel as a racist in an attempt to justify the CFC supporting a FIDE candidate that is responsible for organizing chess tournaments in racist countries that ban Jews.
          You are the one that consistently has problems with the truth, not me.
          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 1st October, 2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

You just proved my point, believing that praying to God for a chess victory serves no useful purpose does not imply anti-christian. The discussion was based on the current FIDE administration consistently holding major tournaments in venues that exclude players based on being Jewish. You tried to present an argument of moral equivalence by suggesting that Nigel has a problem with an entire group of people (antichristian) because Short believes that praying to God for a chess victory serves no useful purpose. In other words you tried to position Nigel as a racist in an attempt to justify the CFC supporting a FIDE candidate that is responsible for organizing chess tournaments in racist countries that ban Jews.
            You are the one that consistently has problems with the truth, not me.

You mean like your claim that I had changed or deleted posts with regard to the Serbian situation when I clearly hadn't.

Like I said, it will be easy enough to defend claims that he is sexist and anti-Christian. Hopefully they will not delve too deeply into why I believe he is sexist.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec
              You mean like your claim that I had changed or deleted posts with regard to the Serbian situation when I clearly hadn't.
              And So? i already acknowledged that was an oversight on my part in the thread itself. Furthermore it was implied that Serbia was the only country where
              banning them was on the table. As it turns out the FIDE ethics committee decided to separate out the complaints regarding the other federations including Israel
              until after the election. All of that was part of corrupt Makro's effort to prevent having to face the will of the federations that do not support him and even attempting have Dvorkovich himself banned from FIDE for the same stupid alleged crimes they themselves did in 2014 including with the CFC!
              You have been on the wrong side of history since 2014 and continue to do so. If Dvorkovich wins who at this point is aligned with Short it is clear that they both will take a dim view of of your vitriol and invective that you have posted as well as the corrupt system that you have endorsed and have continued to do so.
              As for Short I still say that you deserve all the opprobrium that your indiscreet and misrepresented comments invite.
              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 3rd October, 2018, 12:49 AM.

Comment

And So?.
                Yes, Wesley So. That and many other situations were disgraceful.

I have spoken to Mr. Dvorkovich. He has said that he respects that we will honour our commitments to Mr. Makropoulos.

Mr. Dvorkovich is not aligned with Short. Short is aligned with Mr. Dvorkovich.

You are the only Canadian who has ever tried to make the case that the CFC should support Short. Your arguments are weak.

Comment

Yes, Wesley So. That and many other situations were disgraceful.

I have spoken to Mr. Dvorkovich. He has said that he respects that we will honour our commitments to Mr. Makropoulos.

Mr. Dvorkovich is not aligned with Short. Short is aligned with Mr. Dvorkovich.

You are the only Canadian who has ever tried to make the case that the CFC should support Short. Your arguments are weak.
                  The FIDE financial statements were analyzed by a team of accountants hired by Dvorkovich. Here are the conclusions. Only an idiot would think that
                  the reasons for not supporting Makropolous are "weak" or someone who somehow benefits from this continued wretched state of affairs.You yourself
                  rejected Dvorkovich because of continued sanctions risk so who do you think that leaves? Your arguments of supporting continued corruption are not only weak but in my opinion disingenuous.
                  Anyway your dealing with libeling Short and getting embroiled in litigation is your problem not mine.
                  Conclusions:

1. FIDE reporting is at the very least incorrect. Such egregious examples as missing reporting of the 2014 RCF sponsorship contract and the disappearing 2017 travel expenses of the deputy president show that FIDE needs a full-fledged audit.

2. Even according to published data, it is clear that FIDE spends more than 80 percent of its budget on its own management. In this situation, it is necessary to look for new sources of funding. At the moment, the contributions from the national federations are practically the only lifeline that ensures FIDE’s existence. At the same time, the development budget is reduced every year; the decrease was almost 50 percent compared to 2014.

3. The only commercial contract that FIDE has – that with Agon - is not observed or is only partially observed. This contract is non-public and does not serve FIDE’s interests.

4. The current FIDE leadership is not able to find alternative funding sources that are customary for successful international sports organizations.
                  Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 3rd October, 2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Globe and Mail
                    Canada's chess federation is supporting Mr. Makropoulos, but Canadian president Vladimir Drkulec said he'd be happy to see Mr. Dvorkovich win. Either one of them will be a better president than what we've had recently, Mr. Drkulec said from his home in Windsor, Ont. I think that chess is entering on an adventure here.- Globe and Mail September 18, 2018
                    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...ss-federation/
                    Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 3rd October, 2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

The FIDE financial statements were analyzed by a team of accountants hired by Dvorkovich. Here are the conclusions. Only an idiot would think that
                      the reasons for not supporting Makropolous are "weak" or someone who somehow benefits from this continued wretched state of affairs.You yourself
                      rejected Dvorkovich because of continued sanctions risk so who do you think that leaves? Your arguments of supporting continued corruption are not only weak but in my opinion disingenuous.
                      Anyway your dealing with libeling Short and getting embroiled in litigation is your problem not mine.
                      Conclusions:
                      It is your allegation that I libelled Short. I expressed an opinion based on reading his articles and quotes reported in magazines and books. Its not my problem until he files suit. The interrogatories will be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Short
                        Nigel Short
                        ‏ @nigelshortchess
                        Great day for chess! Overjoyed. Finally an opportunity to reshape chess. The evil empire has ended, but much work is to be done. #cleanhands4fide

Comment

Working...
                        X