Mississauga Chippawa Open Dec 01 2018 and Dec 02 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More entries coming in for Mississauga, what about Chippawa? Nov 29 is the deadline to pay for Mississauga.Your move.

Comment

Just wondering if you noticed that the price has gone up to $60 for each tournament separately but if you entered both it would only be $100 for both until Nov 29. Just wondering.

Comment

Hi all, just heard that there might be some additional surprise prizes at the Chippawa tournament. For those who have played in tournaments that Bob and I organized in the past, you know that sometimes we have surpirses like free custom chess themed tshirts, chess books, etc,. It might be a Tim Hortons card which you wouldnt want to lose for this Chippawa tourney and that is the one I might be telling you about, wink wink.There could be others, you never know, hmm.

Comment

Hello again everybody. I just got a guy from BC on Sun Dec 02 landing at Toronto, 7am, and is coming to play in Chippawa, WOW! I suppose he is not worried about jet lag eh? Please remember that Nov 29 is the last day to register with payment for the Dec 01 tournament in Mississauga, no exceptions. We will be taking registrations for the Chippawa tournament on game day, Dec 02. Please be aware that those who pay on Dec02 will be paying $70 to play. I encourage you to take advantage of entering both right now and paying only $100. This offer ends Nov 29.
          Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Sunday, 25th November, 2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

will we get pairings on Friday night possibly??

Comment

Originally posted by Henri Hughes View Post
              will we get pairings on Friday night possibly??
              Let me discuss with the arbiter.

Comment

Just two days left folks to enter the Mississauga Open, we are at 54 players right now, might get to 60. There are a lot of u1200 players, maybe the tourney should have been called the Mississauaga U1200 Open, hmm.

Comment

Hi all. Been getting players who just signed up with the cfc recently asking about not seeing their cfc info when they search for it. The info usually gets updated on Wednesdays if I remember correctly. If by chance it doesnt happen before the tournament just send me a copy of proof of purchase of cfc membership and I will accept that. There are a couple of players with expired memberships who appears to have not addressed it yet or it hasnt been updated yet. Please verify that your membership is in good standing unless you paid the non cfc membership tournament fee option.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gooding View Post
                    Just two days left folks to enter the Mississauga Open, we are at 54 players right now, might get to 60. There are a lot of u1200 players, maybe the tourney should have been called the Mississauaga U1200 Open, hmm.
                    how many in the top two sections??

Comment

If my math is correct, there are 13 in the two top sections. I havent forgotten your earlier question Henri,I jsut asked the judge, I think he is playing a club game right now so maybe later tonight I will get ananswer to the Friday night pairings.

Comment

The judge is pondering the Friday pairing option.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gooding View Post
                          If my math is correct, there are 13 in the two top sections. I havent forgotten your earlier question Henri,I jsut asked the judge, I think he is playing a club game right now so maybe later tonight I will get ananswer to the Friday night pairings.
                          thanks for all the asap replies one more question and ill leave along,

what will become of the top section?? (from the way it looks only 3 people are in it as of right now)

Comment

We will combine the top two sections if need be. There is one other entry I haven't posted as yet that I recognize as Elite section. There are a few hours still, there may be more. I won't start updating tonight until after 10.

Comment

Hi all, it is 11:45pm Nov 29 and I am too tired to stay up anymore! Thank you for all who have registered for Mississauga tourney and thank you for those signing up for the Chippawa tourney. I am pleased to announce a sponsor will be providing TIm Hortons coffee at the Chippawa tourney in addition to two Tim Hortons gift cards, $75 and $25 which will be used as prizes. We are still taking registrations for Chippawa tourney, $60 if rentry fee received by Sat, Dec 01 (Add $2.65 to entry fee if using Paypal). It goes up to $70 cash if paying in person on Dec 02. The email for etransfer of entry fee is miltonchess@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi all. After consulting with the arbiter, the three top sections will be combined for pairings. There will still be prizes for sections. there will be no pairings done tonight. See you all tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X