2019 north american youth chess championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 north american youth chess championship

I received great news in the last few days from our FIDE rep, Hal Bond, that the Chess'n Math Association (CMA) will be organizing this event for the CFC in Kingston, Ontario sometime in August 2019!

This is a 9 round championship which allows for international norms....and is a MUST DO event for all talented Canadian youngsters.

The CMA organized the event for the CFC in 2010...it was the first time the event came to Canada...and it worked out well as the CMA was celebrating its 25th Anniversary. The event was held in Montreal.In 2013 it came back to Canada, and the dynamic CMA Regional Director,Francis Rodrigues, turned this tournament into a norm event...it was held in Toronto and set a new participation record which has not been beat to this date.

Canada hosted an excellent event in Windsor, Ontario in 2016. The event is suppose to rotate from Canada to the U.S. to Mexico and back to Canada. For some strange unknown reason, the 2019 event was not approved for Canada until last week..

I would like to thank the CFC for working hard to bring this awesome event back to Canada and supporting the CMA in its bid!

Details with regards to 2019 will be announced shortly.

Sincerely,

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association
    Last edited by Larry Bevand; Sunday, 7th October, 2018, 08:11 PM.

this is incredible !

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      I received great news in the last few days from our FIDE rep, Hal Bond, that the Chess'n Math Association (CMA) will be organizing this event for the CFC in Kingston, Ontario sometime in August 2019!

This is a 9 round championship which allows for international norms....and is a MUST DO event for all talented Canadian youngsters.

The CMA organized the event for the CFC in 2010...it was the first time the event came to Canada...and it worked out well as the CMA was celebrating its 25th Anniversary. The event was held in Montreal.In 2013 it came back to Canada, and the dynamic CMA Regional Director,Francis Rodrigues, turned this tournament into a norm event...it was held in Toronto and set a new participation record which has not been beat to this date.

Canada hosted an excellent event in Windsor, Ontario in 2016. The event is suppose to rotate from Canada to the U.S. to Mexico and back to Canada. For some strange unknown reason, the 2019 event was not approved for Canada until last week..

I would like to thank the CFC for working hard to bring this awesome event back to Canada and supporting the CMA in its bid!

Details with regards to 2019 will be announced shortly.

Sincerely,

Larry Bevand
      Executive Director
      Chess'n Math Association
      how would you qualify for this event??

Comment

Originally posted by Henri Hughes View Post
        how would you qualify for this event??
        1. You might become an official player. That requires to play in CYCC and be in top 3.
        2. Pay and play. You can check 2013 edition at http://toronto.chess-math.org/toronto/naycc/info.php

Comment

It will be a busy summer, CYCC, CJCC, WCCC, NAYCC in two months

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

1. You might become an official player. That requires to play in CYCC and be in top 3.
            2. Pay and play. You can check 2013 edition at http://toronto.chess-math.org/toronto/naycc/info.php
            But the CYCC in July 2019 could be too late to decide the official player

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Guo View Post

But the CYCC in July 2019 could be too late to decide the official player
              Not based on the information that I have been given. CYCC will be in the first or second week of July and WCCC will be in the last two weeks of August. We are awaiting dates for CYCC and have asked the organizers to make it as early as possible in July.

Comment

I will be turning 18 in April will this be my last year to play or am I to old ??

Comment

Originally posted by Henri Hughes View Post
                  I will be turning 18 in April will this be my last year to play or am I to old ??
                  You are considered 17 for 2019 Youth tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post

You are considered 17 for 2019 Youth tournaments.
                    oh okay sweet! thanks Fred

Comment

Larry, I sent you an email regarding this tournament.

Comment

Thanks for getting the word out Andrei...you are awesome!

We finally signed a contract with Queen's University in Kingston Ontario. The location is gorgeous...right beside Lake Ontario (yes there is a beach just down the road!)...residence is only 3 years old...yes they have AC and some rooms even have a flat screen T.V. ...my how times have changed!

Mark this down on your calendar:

Arrival August 15, 2019. Opening banquet at 6pm
                        2 rounds a day from Aug 16-19...with the last round on the morning of Aug. 20

This is an event no Canadian youngster will want to miss! You can earn FIDE NORMS AT THIS EVENT!

Full details by early next week.

Larry Bevand
                        Executive Director
                        Chess'n Math Association

Comment

We have issued a press release (with the help of the folks in Kingston...well actually they pushed me :)...thanks to Vlad and Fred...Tourism Kingston has gotten involved financially):

The press release:

https://chess-math.org/blog/2019-nor...-championships

Comment

Is it common for this tournament to have 2 games per day?

Comment

Just checked 2018 in mexico, also two games per day, to be accurate, there are three days with 2 games, and three days with 1 game

https://fideamerica.com/2018/06/11/ENGLISH.pdf
                              Last edited by Grey Guo; Wednesday, 28th November, 2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X