Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Ontario Junior Chess Championship - Jan 12-13, 2019

Hi Chess parents / Chess Players

With great excitement, we would like to announce the registration for 2019 Ontario Junior Chess Championship ( Jan 12-13, 2019 ) is open now.
    Location & Dates

When: Saturday, January 12th – Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Where: Sandman Signature Hotel, 5400 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 1E6

All information in the link below :

https://elevatemychess.com/ontario-junior/

Cheers for Chess in Canada

Gary Hua

EMC

what age is the cap for "junior"??

Comment

Hi Henry,

Age 20 and below

Born in 1999 or after

Thanks

Gary
      Last edited by Gary Hua; Sunday, 4th November, 2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Gary: is another way of putting it that the junior must be 20 years old or under on Jan. 1, 2019?? (That was my way of thinking of eligibility dates in days of the dinosaur when I was active!)

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          Hi Gary: is another way of putting it that the junior must be 20 years old or under on Jan. 1, 2019?? (That was my way of thinking of eligibility dates in days of the dinosaur when I was active!)

Bob A
          Yes. You are right.

I have amended my earlier post as well. I just realized it was very confusing....:)

Comment

Hi, Gary,

Just double confirm, there is no playup for all OJCC sections, right? If yes, is it based on the rating of Jan 9, 2019 (the expected last update before tournament), or based on the registration date? I asking this because some people around the boundary may need consider the potential rating change (which may trigger the section change).

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Guo View Post
              Hi, Gary,

Just double confirm, there is no playup for all OJCC sections, right? If yes, is it based on the rating of Jan 9, 2019 (the expected last update before tournament), or based on the registration date? I asking this because some people around the boundary may need consider the potential rating change (which may trigger the section change).
              Hi Grey,

There should be no playing up allowed unless you can prove that you have USCF or FIDE or your Active rating is in the higher bracket. We encourage players to play in their section. Parents/players are encourage to register earlier and pay according to their rating/section at the time of registration. We will use Jan 9, 2019 UPDATED rating to place the players according to their section then NOT when you register. You may go up a section or down a section or you may remain the same section after you register and you will be notified on your change of section accordingly.

Trust the above clarifies.

If I am the player, I would love to be able to win my section and to be called Ontario Junior Champion ( whatever section I may be )

Cheers
              Last edited by Gary Hua; Thursday, 8th November, 2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gary for the detailed clear answer, I redirected this message to the CCYC parents group.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Guo View Post
                  Thanks Gary for the detailed clear answer, I redirected this message to the CCYC parents group.
                  Thanks Grey for helping to spread the news. Based on the feedback that we have received from CCYC and other parents, we have create another section which is for the beginners U700. Thanks to CCYC for the support of our tournaments all this while. Lets continue to do our part in promoting chess better in Canada.

Cheers

Gary Hua

Comment

Registration starts to trickle in. We have about 10 players in the list now

When: Saturday, January 12th – Sunday, January 13th, 2019

The venue can fit in 200 players easily.

EARLY Entry fees (Dec 15, 2018 deadline): OPEN $70 | U-1800 $50 | U-1400 $40 | U-1000 $40 | U-700 $30
                    Format

Type: 5 Round Swiss. CFC rated & FIDE rated for Open and U-1800. CFC membership is required.

Type: 5 Round Swiss. CFC rated for U-1400 and U-1000. CFC membership is required.

Type: 5 Round Swiss. CFC rated & CMA rated for U-700. CFC membership is required.

Sections: OPEN, U-1800, U-1400, U-1000 and U-700

Rd 1: Jan 12 – 9:30am; Rd 2: Jan 12 – 2:00pm; Rd 3: Jan 12 – 6:30pm; Rd 4: Jan 13 – 10:00am; Rd 5: Jan 13 – 3:00pm

Play Offs: If needed, will start ASAP after obtaining clear results

All information in the link below :

Cheers for Chess in Canada

Gary Hua

EMC

Comment

With the conclusion of Oakville Rapid & Blitz challenge, we move our focus to 2019 Ontario Junior Chess Championship and this time in a different Sandman Hotel and this time at Mississauga Signature Sandman Hotel.

This is the location where we had our Golden Horseshoe CC back in June this year.

Pre-registration list will be uploaded on our website hopefully this weekend ( Dec 1, 2018 )

Early bird entry fees ends on Dec 15, 2018 which is 3 weeks from now. Don't miss this tournament for all juniors in Ontario.

We have ordered the nice trophies and should be ready by mid of next month.

Look forward to early registration this week.

Cheers

Gary Hua

EMC

Email us at info@elevatemychess.com if you have any questions

Comment

For those who intend to stay at the hotel for the Friday and/or Saturday, the room rate is at $ 125 + tax ( special rate ) per night.

You can use Group Code 212248 as code and booking must be done by Dec 12, 2018 to get this rate.

Very nice hotel and certainly worth every cent.

There is Denny restaurant inside the hotel and open till midnight.

Please find the link for the hotel information and check all the details about the hotel.

Cheers

Gary Hua

EMC

https://www.sandmanhotels.com/locati...ssissauga-zmis
                        Last edited by Gary Hua; Sunday, 25th November, 2018, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Early bird entry fees ends on Dec 15, 2018 which is 2 weeks from now.

For those who intend to stay at the hotel for the Friday and/or Saturday, the room rate is at $ 125 + tax ( special rate ) per night.

You can use Group Code 212248 as code and booking must be done by Dec 12, 2018 to get this rate.

Pre-registration list will be uploaded on our website hopefully this weekend ( Dec 1, 2018 )

We have close to 20 players registered now

Gary Hua

EMC

Comment

Bumping up....

We have just crossed 20 players as of now.

If you or your kids intend to play, please don't procrastinate and register now. Only 2 weeks before price goes up.

There are 5 sections this year and we are expecting at least 20 kids in each section.

This will be the first time OJCC will be held in a hotel and the venue is indeed very good. We have 180 players for our Golden Horseshoe back in June this year.

For the first time, there will be quite a number of good players from Burlington/Waterdown and Oakville ( all from WCC ) joining OJCC challenging for the honors to be OJCC champion in their respective sections.

Come and join us and register early.

The pre-register list should be out this weekend on our newsletter and website.

Have a good weekend

Cheers

Gary Hua

EMC

Comment

We have more than 30 players on board now and hope to reach 50 players by this weekend. Our expectation is to have 150 players which is about 30 players in each section.

Trophies and medals will be ready by this week

I have booked mine early this time around so that I don't miss it like CJCC so for those who intends to stay in the hotel please do not procrastinate further. Dateline ends on Dec 12th. It ends when it is on Dec 13th. It is 10 days to go.

Cheers

Gary Hua

EMC

Comment

Working...
                              X