2019 cycc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 cycc

Canada's best attended youth chess tournament comes to Regina, SK this summer. Check out the link below for details!

hi Tom

There is a small error in the (deadline) date for registration on the web page.
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Sum of progressive scores is still listed as a tiebreak for the CYCC, but FIDE has removed it from its lists of tiebreaks. Both lists for Swiss and Round Robin should be upgraded to match the current FIDE Handbook.

CYCC Regional Qualifiers are no longer in the Handbook in the CYCC section but they are still mentionned in the job description of the Youth Coordinator. Are they still relevant?
      Last edited by Pierre Denommee; Monday, 26th November, 2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

The official qualification rules are specified in section 703 of the CFC handbook, and tiebreaks are specified in section 710.

The usual way to qualify is through Regional tournaments,or through nomination.
        If there are no upcoming regional chess qualifiers in your area please contact us, queencitychess@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Tom: Please check with CFC President, Vlad Drkulec, on this tie break issue.

The problem is that since CFC had to become a formal Not-for-Profit Corporation under the new federal legislation, the Handbook became no longer a "legal" document for CFC.

It is necessary that it be re-written and converted into formally passed By-laws, I believe.

So anything in the Handbook now is just "historical" - but the Executive sometimes advise that they accept X in the handbook as a kind of "working policy".

So in a conflict between FIDE and the old non-legal CFC Handbook, I believe that the FIDE regulation/policy likely overrides.

But, as I say, Vlad is most familiar with the legal ins and outs of our re-incorporation.

Bob A (Former Voting Member - then "Governor").

Comment

Copy of Alex's comment from another thread

"I don't think that you were bashing Henry. I also think that it is very expensive for kids & parents from Ontario to attend CYCC 2019.
            I did a quick calculation and it would cost between $2500-$3000 for one parent and a kid to attend CYCC 2019. ($1500 flight tickets for 2, $225 to $275 registration fee, 6*$120 hotel, $300 meals).
            Some parents I spoke to, expressed interest to go directly to the World Championship in Nagpur, India or to World Cadet Championship in Weifang, China and skip CYCC altogether.
            They will have to spend extra for accomodation and food comparing to CYCC expenses, but kid would get a chance to play World Championship.
            My prediction is that CYCC attendance will be lover than what was in Quebec City this year."

=====================

It will be an interesting question about, whether CFC will approve players not attending CYCC to attend the WCCC/WYCC

Comment

Working...
            X