2019 Milton Spring Active, May 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just added a couple more names to registration list.

Comment

Getting some entries in taking advantage of the $40 early bird entry. If you think about it there is a 33% discount on entry if you register b4 April 21st. Smells like an opportunity to me.

Comment

Just a few weeks left before the tourney, entry fee is only $50 until May 02. Your move.

Comment

Nice to see entries West of Milton, like Kitchener and Brantford rolling in. Only $50 entry fee until May 02.

Comment

Nice to see another Hamilton player signed up. Entry fee is only $50 unitl May 02, then it is $60 at the door. Good opportunity for a first timer to competitive chess. Good opportunity if you want to practice your openings for the next major tourney. Time is ticking. I am planning to have some pepperoni pizza for sale on game day.

Comment

Getting close to the May 02 deadline. Entry fee goes up to $60 then. Your move.

Comment

Hi all, just a little bump here. The entry fee is only $50 for a little while longer. If I dont receive the entry fee by etransfer by May 02, the entry fee goes up to $60 on game day. I wont be accepting any more etransfers after May 02.

Comment

Tomorrow is the last day for the $50 entry fee. I have one FM in our tourney, do I hear two? I have someone coming from Sarnia to play, at least that is what their city of origin is on the cfc website. they love chess!

Comment

Close to 50 players now, remember. tonight is the last few hours (until 11:59:59) to get in via etransfer for only $50. After tonight it is $60 cash at the door.

Comment

Umm, I didnt pay attention to my own flyer, sorry my mistake. The flyer says the entry fee goes up to $60 AFTER May 2nd, My apologies, so you still have tomorrow to sign up and only pay $50 by etransfer. Well I guess I wouldnt do that well with fine print eh?

Ok, after fixing that blunder, I am letting you know that I may have a few chess themed tshirts for sale. I think they are funny let me know what you think when you see them on Sat.
                      Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Wednesday, 1st May, 2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Okay, today is the last day for $50 entry. Really really. Haven't updated list as yet but getting a lot emails. I've got some tshirts for sale, some funny chess ideas. Hope you like

Comment

Hi all, as of right now, we are at 58 players if my eyes arent playing tricks on me. There is still time to send via etransfer $50 entry fee before 11:59pm tonight. If you miss it then the entry is $60 cash on game day. If you are planning to pay the $60 on game day please arrive earlier than later. We have had a pretty good record of starting fairly close to on time and I would like to keep it that way. On the earlier side of 9am would be better than the later side of 9am. I will be asking by a show of hands how many would be interested in buying pizza on site so that I can get enough accordingly for lunch

Comment

Hi all, hope you sleep well tonight so that you are reading to go tomorrow. If by the ridiculously small chance that your name is not on the list because of who knows what, contact me email asap please. I am not holding spots for walkins tomorrow. It first come first served. I am toying if doing another one of these tourneys in Sept. I think I'm gonna get a bigger space, maybe for 100 players. Got some new faces here, good to see the chess community is growing. Thnx for playing in our tournament.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	signal-2019-05-04-200239.jpg Views:	1 Size:	18.1 KB ID:	199535 Hi all, thnx for the great turnout. We plan to post the winners soon. Looking to do another later this year. Hope to see you then. What did you think of the tshirts, pizza for sale idea, etc, all feedback welcome. By the way, some players left b4 prize giving and they didn't receive their prizes. Dont panic I will etransfer to you if you registered in advance. When Bob puts up the list I will etransfer.
                              Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Sunday, 5th May, 2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X