Chess in the Library Website is Finally Here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess in the Library Website is Finally Here!!

I have excellent news to announce! The Chess in the Library website is finally up on the Internet! :) www.chessinthelibrary.com is the official site for our program. It will be updated regularly with news, pictures, progress and more! Make sure to check it out!

We first started working on this website at the beginning of July. It's been a real journey from day 1 of website making. At the very beginning, we had to decide on the layout, the colours, and basically design the entire website. Then we had to think about what kind of content our viewers would like to read, and then write it all out. The final 2 weeks were the toughest, as we had to make a ton of small changes here and there. I think we finalized the website 8 times before we all agreed that this was it, and we're ready to upload! I was engaged in most of the discussions with other members of our organization team, but of course, Yutong was the one who did all the coding!

I must thank Yutong Luo (grade 10 student), our webmaster, for working countless hours on designing and creating the website. It's his big day too, and he's sure excited!! I also want to thank Barry Thorvardson as well as his company TechForceOnCall for sponsoring our web server. Without these people, this website definitely wouldn't have been possible.

Re: Chess in the Library Website is Finally Here!!

Hi Yuanling:

Very nicely set up website - keep up the good work ! Congratulations to you and all your team.

Bob

Comment

That's an excellent effort. Congratulations! It's great to see how many people are on your list of volunteers.

As a constructive criticism, I would suggest reviewing your texts for errors in spelling and grammar. It would help your program's image and make a better first impression for potential sponsors.

Nevertheless, it's a tremendous effort. You should all be very proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuanling Yuan View Post
        I have excellent news to announce! The Chess in the Library website is finally up on the Internet! :) www.chessinthelibrary.com is the official site for our program. It will be updated regularly with news, pictures, progress and more! Make sure to check it out!

We first started working on this website at the beginning of July. It's been a real journey from day 1 of website making. At the very beginning, we had to decide on the layout, the colours, and basically design the entire website. Then we had to think about what kind of content our viewers would like to read, and then write it all out. The final 2 weeks were the toughest, as we had to make a ton of small changes here and there. I think we finalized the website 8 times before we all agreed that this was it, and we're ready to upload! I was engaged in most of the discussions with other members of our organization team, but of course, Yutong was the one who did all the coding!

I must thank Yutong Luo (grade 10 student), our webmaster, for working countless hours on designing and creating the website. It's his big day too, and he's sure excited!! I also want to thank Barry Thorvardson as well as his company TechForceOnCall for sponsoring our web server. Without these people, this website definitely wouldn't have been possible.

GREAT work! Congratulations. It is hard to stamp out spelling mistakes and grammatical errors... but the website is well organized and informative. I would recommend making the locations and hours prominent information, but overall you have done a fine job!
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

The E-Mail Address on Your Website......

chessinthelibrary@yahoo.com has failed twice today.

Comment

It is at http://www.chessinthelibrary.com/ and e-mail address: chessinthelibrary@yahoo.com is not valid (failed).
              :)
              Last edited by Caesar Posylek; Wednesday, 26th August, 2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Re: The E-Mail Address on Your Website......

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                chessinthelibrary@yahoo.com has failed twice today.
                Yup. The email was supposed to be chessinthelibrary@yahoo.ca instead of .com. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Thanks for all the great comments everyone! My team and I will definitely continue to work hard on our program and keep you all updated on our progress!

As for our official email address, we have changed it to info@chessinthelibrary.com to make all matters easier. Feel free to send us all your suggestions and opinions!

I also want to represent my team here to apologize for all the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors that were on the website. We have corrected (what we believe) all the errors and if find more, please email us. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
                  Yuanling

Comment

Working...
                  X