IS CFC website working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IS CFC website working

Month ago I posted a message at chesscanada forum, that players ratings sites had some kind of "virus". Thus probably we are now see the outcome when all search engines caution about issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      Month ago I posted a message at chesscanada forum, that players ratings sites had some kind of "virus". Thus probably we are now see the outcome when all search engines caution about issue.
      Funny, I remember three weeks ago my Windows Live One-Care anti-everything software came up twice in the span of five minutes with a virus when I was accessing ratings on the chess.ca website. It has not happened again since then...

I'll repeat that the problems that the original poster is experiencing should be relayed to his Internet Service Provider's technical support line. They should be able to help resolve the issue either from their end, or by making changes to the client's browser. Some ISP's will only rectify issues with Internet Explorer however...
      Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Sunday, 30th August, 2009, 02:35 AM.
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Gashgarian View Post
        Sorry Steve, but I don't have any additional toolbars and only the Java Quickstarte add-on
        Hi Rob:

I just upgraded my version of Firefox to 3.5.2. I can presently get at the CFC page with the new version even though I have the security set to block access to reported attack sites. If you want to change that setting, it is a check-box under Tools>>Options>>Security.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
          Hi Rob:

I just upgraded my version of Firefox to 3.5.2. I can presently get at the CFC page with the new version even though I have the security set to block access to reported attack sites. If you want to change that setting, it is a check-box under Tools>>Options>>Security.

Steve
          (Talking to myself, I know....)

Firefox 3.5.2 has now got caught up with its list of bad sites and it now blocks me from accessing the CFC site unless I uncheck that security option.

It is a Firefox warning. No need to call ISP's or anything.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
            (Talking to myself, I know....)

Firefox 3.5.2 has now got caught up with its list of bad sites and it now blocks me from accessing the CFC site unless I uncheck that security option.

It is a Firefox warning. No need to call ISP's or anything.

Steve
            Steve,

The original poster mentioned nothing about FoxFire, therefore he should call his ISP to report the problem as they would be the best people to help resolve browser issues.

Jordan
            No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Yes I downloaded a new version of Firefox as well on the weekend. Since then I have had the error. It says it's from Google. But if I ignore warning then it goes there to CFC site but then if I want to do another click ie check my rating it goes back to the warning. There is a lengthly procedure that I'll look into tonight. I think I have to make the CFC site approved for Firefox to see it.
              Thanks for the Help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                Today I tried to access the CFC site and I got a big warning come up on the screen. Reported Attack Site.
                What does this mean has the CFC site been hacked again.?
                No it is blocked for Chrome or Firefox because of a MonRoi link.

See the report here:

http://www.stopbadware.org/6ca15f9724dee20c3b79b24e6afe3006

They show how the web owner of chess.ca can fix the problem.

Carl

Comment

Google claims that chess.ca is infected

Take a look at the Google claim.

Malicious software includes 15 scripting exploit(s), 7 trojan(s), 7 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 46 new process(es) on the target machine.

Comment

Re: Google claims that chess.ca is infected

Originally posted by Pierre Denommee View Post
                    Take a look at the Google claim.

Malicious software includes 15 scripting exploit(s), 7 trojan(s), 7 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 46 new process(es) on the target machine.
                    Old news... check the thread a little down the page "Is the CFC website working?" and I think there is a post about this on the CFC forum too by the current E.D.
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re : Google claims that chess.ca is infected

Yeah I had the same message...

Comment

Re: Google claims that chess.ca is infected

I got the message for the first time yesterday but one of my computers, an old Pentium III, still has Firefox 1.5 on it. Obsolescence has its priviledges :D.
                        Last edited by Pierre Denommee; Tuesday, 1st September, 2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

As of Tuesday September 1 at 9:47 pm chess.ca is still being listed as a site hosting malicious software and/or a hacked site.

Here is a report from google with the details:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...tp://chess.ca/

Comment

Re: IS CFC website working - Remedial Work Pending

Hi Garvin:

I have been advised by CFC V-P Stijn de Kerpel that the company who handles now CFC office functions ( in April/May, CFC " outsourced " its office/E.D. ), EK Gillan ( or Gillin - not sure which ), specifically Patrick Smale, intend to shut down the CFC Website temporarily in the near future, in order to try to deal with these problems. I'm sure we will be given notice once the website is shut down. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Hopefully this is going to happen sooner than later, since this whole mess reflects pretty badly on the CFC. There is also much updating/correction of the website content outstanding, and it cannot be done until the mess is sorted out - again incorrect content on the CFC website is a clear negative to CFC.

Bob

Comment

Re: IS CFC website working - Remedial Work Now Being Done

The CFC Website has now been taken off-line by our outsourcing contractor, EK Gillan ( or Gillin ) to deal with the virus problems. Here is the notice when you try to access the CFC website:

Temporarily Offline
                              We are currently undergoing some server maintenance, please check back later.

Bob

Comment

I get the error in Firefox but not with IE. I have the AVG toolbar under IE as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X