Milton september active 2019 chess tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some GTA guys, some Kitchener guys, some Milton guys, n e 1 from Niagara region gonna sign up?

Comment

Just a few days left for the early bird entry fee of $40 if I receive it by Aug 24. Details are on the first post of this thread.

Comment

Just a reminder, if you want to pay cash on game day, it is only $60. If you want to save 33 1/3% on the entry, pay it by etransfer by the 24th of Aug as stated on the flyer.

Comment

Alright, participation from the Niagara Region! The pizza offers for the first twelve players are gone. I will be putting up another pizza offer for those who missed the first one soon. Any chance of players visiting Canada coming to play? Once I had a guy visiting from Europe playing in Campbellville. In Chippawa I had a guy fly in from B.C. 7am in Toronto and drove to Chippawa to play, now that is a serious chess player!

Comment

Hi all,

I will be playing in hamilton on the 24th August which happens to be the last day for paying the $40 entry fee. If anyone wants to pay with cash in person on the 24th, you know where to find me.

Comment

Just finished my round 3 game in hamilton. I see a couple of master level players signed up. That's encouraging. Will sort it out after the tourney. Time stamps is such a great thing. Night all

Comment

Registration list as of Aug 26th:
                Michael Dougherty
                Gordon Gooding
                Adam Cormier
                Isai Berengolts
                Marco D'Orante
                Brendan Carter
                Anirud Chakkoli
                Taki Stewart
                Atharva Srinivas
                Philip Okeefe
                Alex Xu
                Edison Qu
                Henry Yao
                Pranoy Mukherjee
                Erick Mauricio Delgado
                Peter Vlasenko
                Philip Davies
                Hamza Dugmag
                Lohitaksh Badarala
                Vijay Radul
                Nabuko Takeuchi
                Sato Morin
                Kuni Morin
                Szilard Balla
                Dragan Rakas
                Vinushan Vijendra
                Lee Hendon
                Josiah Field
                Brian Sayers
                Rob Gashgarian
                Mohammed Hadid
                Jack Huang
                Rohit Sai Krishna Gudipalli
                Jasper Xie
                Yehven Samokysh
                Vladimir Birarov
                Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Thursday, 5th September, 2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

The entry fee is $50 if i receive it by Sept 05. Got 30 players so far. I would like a rematch with FM Doug Bailey after our encounter in Hamilton. he taught me how a knight fork works and I would like to return the favour! :)
                  Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Tuesday, 27th August, 2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Time is ticking away people, Please refer to post #37 for registration lists that will be updated occasionally.

Comment

Haven't forgotten about the pizza offer for those who missed the first one. Should have it finalized by early next week if not sooner. Have a good long weekend everyone, then come test your mettle in Milton, Sep 07!

Comment

Welcome aboard Rob.

Comment

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend. Just a few days away from the Milton September Active chess tourney.

Comment

Does anybody want to hear my crazy idea?
                            I will assume everyone has said yes and is sitting on the edge of their chair! :)

Well, for this tournament we do normal Swiss pairings, so don't freak out, but....

for a future tournament we abandon Swiss pairings, and everyone gets to choose their opponents.
                            okay, okay, stop laughing. Here is how it might work.

All participants submit a list of who they would like to play in order of preference.
                            First on your list is given the greatest weight, second on your list a little less, so on and so on.
                            We would need a pairing algorithm that would weigh player preferences against scores and colour assignments, etc.

Any thoughts?

While your thinking about that, don't forget to sign up by Wednesday.

Comment

Got to update list soon. By the way, the entry fee is only $50 if I receive it by this Thursday. After that, it is $60 cash at the door on game day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                                Does anybody want to hear my crazy idea?
                                I will assume everyone has said yes and is sitting on the edge of their chair! :)

Well, for this tournament we do normal Swiss pairings, so don't freak out, but....

for a future tournament we abandon Swiss pairings, and everyone gets to choose their opponents.
                                okay, okay, stop laughing. Here is how it might work.

All participants submit a list of who they would like to play in order of preference.
                                First on your list is given the greatest weight, second on your list a little less, so on and so on.
                                We would need a pairing algorithm that would weigh player preferences against scores and colour assignments, etc.

Any thoughts?

While your thinking about that, don't forget to sign up by Wednesday.

WHAT? Buffet of opposition?

Comment

Working...
                                X