Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordon Gooding View Post

WHAT? Buffet of opposition?
    Interesting. I see nobody is laughing and thus must be taking my idea seriously. :)
    But Bob, you say, "how would this work?"
    Perhaps we will run a hypothetical simulation on Saturday. But don't panic, the actual tournament will be normal Swiss Pairings.
    Perhaps we shall call it the Milton Buffet Pairing system. Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Interesting. I see nobody is laughing and thus must be taking my idea seriously. :)
      But Bob, you say, "how would this work?"
      Perhaps we will run a hypothetical simulation on Saturday. But don't panic, the actual tournament will be normal Swiss Pairings.
      Perhaps we shall call it the Milton Buffet Pairing system. Excellent!

While I think this is an incredibly stupid idea (But certainly not your worst), I kind of like it and wouldn't mind seeing it tried at least once.

One fatal flaw from my perspective is how would your algorithm deal with too many people thinking like me: Top choice: highest rated player -> Lowest choice: Weakest player by rating. I don't see how this can be fairly organized even using an algorithm you still need to invent.
      University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Cormier View Post

While I think this is an incredibly stupid idea (But certainly not your worst), I kind of like it and wouldn't mind seeing it tried at least once.

One fatal flaw from my perspective is how would your algorithm deal with too many people thinking like me: Top choice: highest rated player -> Lowest choice: Weakest player by rating. I don't see how this can be fairly organized even using an algorithm you still need to invent.
        Okay, I am definitely onto something here. All the greats were mocked, at first.
        Aristotle, Copernicus, Einstein, Dr. Evil.

Once I perfect my pairing system and the world must have it, I shall demand,
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-AxgueBRk

100 billion dollars!

Comment

Bob, I remember your other brilliant idea and there is a lot of similarity between two of them. A couple of years ago (in 2016) you proposed to select the National Team by voting among all CFC members.

Probably you just like the democracy...

Comment

Hi all. I am having trouble posting the flyer on this site as a jpeg. Not really tech savvy. Anyways, the flyer says that any player on Sept 07 upon presenting the flyer at the Gino's Pizza on Main St, Milton will get 10% off any purchase, only on Sept 7th. I will bring copies of the flyer to the tournament on Sat. You can have pizza and wings for dinner. Sounds good doesnt it?

Comment

By the way, tonight is the last night to pay only $50 entry. It goes up to $60 tomorrow. There is plenty of parking and there is a mall across the street with a food court in it. There is a gino's Pizza only a 5 min walk away or a one min car ride that you can use the flyer for. Time is ticking. Your move.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gooding View Post
                Hi all. I am having trouble posting the flyer on this site as a jpeg. Not really tech savvy. Anyways, the flyer says that any player on Sept 07 upon presenting the flyer at the Gino's Pizza on Main St, Milton will get 10% off any purchase, only on Sept 7th. I will bring copies of the flyer to the tournament on Sat. You can have pizza and wings for dinner. Sounds good doesnt it?
                Will there be lunchtime pizza and pop to purchase like the last active?

You probably could have got more than 10% off with a bit of haggling.
                University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Hi Adam, have you ever negotiated 10% off for any fast food without using a coupon? You know if they have a walk in special, say a large one topping pizza, and you add your 10% off on top of that, you could save some real coin.
                  Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Thursday, 5th September, 2019, 07:07 AM.

Comment

No sorry there will only be that other offer I had for the first twelve who registered.

Comment

Morning all, I've done it again, didnt remember what I put on my own flyer.Today, Sept 05 is the last day to get in for only $50. My bad.

Comment

Hi all, time is ticking down for the $50 entry fee. If you plan to pay later ay the door, the walkin fee, please be there closer to 9am rather than 10am please. We would like to maintain our habit of starting as close as possible to start time. We have started most of our tourneys on time. Thnx.

Comment

Getting some entries, noticed from Markham.Cool.

Comment

Now from Thornhill

Comment

Well I thought I might have a chance to place well but that is gone out of the window now, oh well good night all.

Comment

Get a good night's rest players so you are all ready to compete tomorrow. If you are paying at the door, please please get there closer to 9 than 10. Make sure your cfc membership is in order as well. See y'all tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X