Cycc 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycc 2019

The event starts today. Does anyone know if pairings/results will be on the internet anywhere. It's too much to hope for live games.
    The CYCC website shows event information, but not the pairings/results, as far as I can see. I couldn't find anything on Facebook.
    I emailed the organiser, but received no reply.

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    The event starts today. Does anyone know if pairings/results will be on the internet anywhere. It's too much to hope for live games.
    The CYCC website shows event information, but not the pairings/results, as far as I can see. I couldn't find anything on Facebook.
    I emailed the organiser, but received no reply.
    It appears they are posting stuff to Chess-Results.

http://chess-results.com/fed.aspx?lan=1&fed=can

Steve

Comment

Thanks, Steve

Comment

Total player count is 177. Last year in Quebec City there were 365 players. Location, location, location!

Comment

I realize more players will play if you have it in Ontario and Quebec every year, but it is the Canadian Youth Chess Championship. So I think it really should move around. As a parent from Saskatchewan,with 3 kids playing, it is nice to have a national event in Saskatchewan as chess here is making a resurgence. The organizers are doing a great job and events like this really do help chess grow in other parts of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Sorgard View Post
            it is the Canadian Youth Chess Championship. So I think it really should move around.
            Hear, hear!

I, too, believe that it is very important that young chess players be able to visit all parts of the country and make new friendships with kids from other provinces. The formal mechanism that I suggested to the CFC a while ago is to introduce a mandatory four-year rotation cycle:
            Year Y - the West
            Year (Y+1) - Ontario
            Year (Y+2) - Quebec
            Year (Y+3) - the East,
            with the right of first refusal to be included in the regulations.

Comment

The 2019 Canadian Youth champions and medalists.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
                Hear, hear!

I, too, believe that it is very important that young chess players be able to visit all parts of the country and make new friendships with kids from other provinces. The formal mechanism that I suggested to the CFC a while ago is to introduce a mandatory four-year rotation cycle:
                Year Y - the West
                Year (Y+1) - Ontario
                Year (Y+2) - Quebec
                Year (Y+3) - the East,
                with the right of first refusal to be included in the regulations.
                I think you also have to factor in where the membership is located, the availability of organizers willing to take on the task, and fundraising for youth programs that CYCC in particular provides. The dynamic changes a bit with the greater interest from cities but we are still often looking at only one viable bid each year for most years. I am already getting nervous about 2021 though I have been getting lots of interest from cities including Windsor though I don't know if I am up for that chief organizer role again.

Comment

I would like to congratulate the organizers for a successful CYCC. 177 is a good number for a small community. I have been listening to nervous Nellie's for months, but this success does support the argument for moving it around the country. We need to remember that the CFC presence in Saskatchewan went dark a few years ago, and they have done a great job of reviving chess.

Congratulations and many thanks.

Comment

It might matter only for accounting purposes, but I count 174 entries from the chess-results pages. Could somebody check my addition?

http://chess-results.com/tnr447737.aspx?lan=1
                    or
                    https://chess.ca/newsfeed/node/1165

Comment

hmm, I got even higher number from Chess-results :) Maybe Excel is failing :)
                      8 10
                      10 14
                      12 13
                      14 12
                      16/18 4
                      8 28
                      10 30
                      12 28
                      14 28
                      16 15
                      18 4
                      sum 186

Comment

What are the numbers of 'foreigners' coming to Saskatchewan vs local Saskatchewan participation?

Comment

I think the easiest way of finding the total number of participants is to visit any age section of the tournament on chess-results, then navigate to the entire list by clicking on "Alphabetical lists of all groups". Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
                            What are the numbers of 'foreigners' coming to Saskatchewan vs local Saskatchewan participation?
                            It would be easier if an arbiter adjusted settings for the chess-results to show CLUB. Then the William's method to see all participants will give you an idea from where participants came.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                              hmm, I got even higher number from Chess-results :) Maybe Excel is failing :)
                              8 10
                              10 14
                              12 13
                              14 12
                              16/18 4
                              8 28
                              10 30
                              12 28
                              14 28
                              16 15
                              18 4
                              sum 186
                              186 is right. Thanks.

I had mistakenly left out a section when counting... and am having problems updating the Newsfeed page :((

Comment

Working...
                              X