Canada has a "new" IM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada has a "new" IM!

Effective July 6, 2019, IM Raymond Kaufman is now "Canadian" according to FIDE. He can represent the "new federation, fee free" as of April 26, 2020.

https://ratings.fide.com/fedchange.phtml?year=2019 (scroll down to "Kaufman")

My question is: who paid the 1500 Euro transfer fee?

Canada has a “new” IM!

August 1, 2019

I looked up some of the games of Raymond Kaufman and found these comments:

- FM, son of IM Larry Kaufman. Reuben Fine noted that parent-child masters are quite rare (much rarer than sibling masters) and considered this to be evidence of the Oedipal nature of chess. Besides the Kaufmans, the only parent-child titled players that I know of are the Needlemans.

- The Vidmars come to mind and Thomas Paehtz and Elisabeth Paehtz

- Philadelphia 1999, National Chess Congress:
    National Master Raymond Kaufman is the son of GM Larry Kaufman. In the first round, they were somehow paired against each other. Larry protested and they were re-paired. As a result, both of them lost: Raymond to Yury Lapshun and Larry to the young Canadian player Zhe Quan.

Comment

In the US, Ron Finegold was as high as 2238. His sons play chess: Mark was once as high as 2301, and Ben is a GM.

Ben's son Spencer is rated about 2200, and has been as high as 2240.

Comment

GM Nino Kirov and his son IM Kiril Ninov.
        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

I think Greg and Jen Shahade’s father is quite a strong master.

Comment

Working...
          X