EXCLAM! The Manitoba Chess Association Publication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXCLAM! The Manitoba Chess Association Publication

My thanks to our friends in Winnipeg who helped me complete my run of this fine publication.

I have found someone who wants to accept/preserve the complete run of this publication. Matthew Handscombe has told me they will become a part of the Manitoba Legislative Library. They will rest among the largest collection of Manitoba newspapers in the world.

They have just been sent to him, but eventually will be found at:

http://www.gov.mb.ca/chc/leg-lib/index.html

If anyone could help me determine where Quebec or British Columbia chess newsletters might or might not be maintained, I would try them next.

Re: EXCLAM! The Manitoba Chess Association Publication

BC ones can be found at
    http://www.chess.bc.ca/bcbulletin.shtml

Comment

EXCLAM! The Manitoba Chess Association Publication

Thanks Jason, I want to see if the early B.C. Chess Reports and Counterplay are anywhere so I can donate the issues they don't have, if any. Is there a BC Archives of (m)any type(s)?

Comment

Re: EXCLAM! The Manitoba Chess Association Publication

I've seen an archive for Northwest Chess, if that helps. I don't remember whose it was, but it was at a tournament organised by Henry Chiu, so if you got a hold of him he might be able to point you in the right direction.
        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Re: EXCLAM! The MCA Publication

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
          My thanks to our friends in Winnipeg who helped me complete my run of this fine publication.

I have found someone who wants to accept/preserve the complete run of this publication. Matthew Handscombe has told me they will become a part of the Manitoba Legislative Library.
          Woo hoo! Well done! :D

Exclam! online
          Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
          X